Marin moves to Gotham

Marin was tired of Lila and her lies. he was tired of Adrianna ’s refusal to help defend him from the liar. And he was tired of everyone believing the liar over Marin. Most of the school now believed that Marin was a horrible bully that had been attacking Lila since she arrived. Marin had been removed as class rep and was constantly given detention by Mr. Damocles. Marin’s parents have been very supportive, and now realized that Lila was just a malicious liar. But even with their support, it had become to much for Marin and he knew it was time to leave Paris.

His parents were hesitant when he brought up the idea. Marin had found a study abroad program where he could attend Gotham academy, hosted by Bruce Wayne himself. he discussed it with his parents, really hoping to convince them. They were obviously concerned for a number of reasons. The main one being the crime rate in Gotham. They knew that Marin needed to get away from Paris, that things had gotten bad in the city for his. But they didn’t want to send him to a dangerous city where he could be hurt or killed. But after speaking with Marin for several hours, they started to realize how excited Marin was for the opportunity. While they were still worried, they knew this was the right place for Marin. And they were comforted that if he was accepted, he would be hosted by and staying with Bruce Wayne. His manor is one of the safest places in the city. So, they agreed with Marin that he could apply the program.

So Marin applied to the study abroad program. he didn’t tell anyone at the school, not like anyone in the class was speaking to her anyway. he waited anxiously for news from the program, hoping to hear that he had been accepted.  The longer he didn’t hear anything, the more anxious he became. he was sure that he had been rejected and they just hadn’t told him. Marin had just got back from a particularly bad day at school, when he noticed he had a new email. An email from the study abroad program. he raced to open the email, and started cheering when he read the line We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Gotham Academy Study Abroad Program. Marin raced downstairs and told his parents the news. The email said that he would be expected in Gotham by the end of the month. It went on to explain details of the program. That night the Dupain-Cheng family celebrated, and began preparing for Marin’s departure. 

The last month of Marin’s time in Paris seemed to drag on and on. Everyday he had to listen to Lila’s lie all day long and the whole class fawn over here. he had to endure Lila accusing him of bullying almost daily and almost daily detentions. But finally, it was his final day at the Dupont. he was almost giddy as he walked to Mr. Damocles’ office with his parents. When he entered the office and Mr. Damocles saw him, he just sighed. “What did you do now Mr Dupain-Cheng?” Then he saw his parents in the office and straightened up. “I didn’t do anything Mr. Damocles. I never did anything Lila accused me of, but I know you will never believe me on that. We are just here to get my academic records and inform you that I will no longer be attending this school after today.” Mr. Damocles was flustered by the sudden declaration. “What do you mean you won’t be attending anymore? Where are you going?” Mr. Dupain stepped forward, barely containing his contempt for this man who had been helping to make his son miserable. “Marin will be studying abroad in America for the next year at least. Now, give us the academic records.” Mr. Damocles stuttered for a while, wondering how such a bully got accepted to such an amazing program. But soon, the Dupain-Chengs got the records from him and were on their way.

 Marin went down to the locker room with his parents and started emptying his locker. Class hadn’t started yet so, everyone was still in the locker room. They were confused when Marin started emptying his locker. Adrianna, who was about the only  person that still talked to Marin from time to time, approached the young designer. “Marin? What are you doing?” Marin didn’t look at any of them, continuing to empty his locker as he responded. “I am emptying my locker. Starting Monday, I will no longer be here for school. I am transferring to Gotham Academy.” The class stood in shock, they never expected Marin to leave. Sure they were happy that Lila would be able to come to school in peace, but it would be weird without Marin here. They just stood in shocked silence, as Marin finished with his locker and walked out with his parents.