2. Introductions

The hallways were busier than expected, but the three of them managed to slip through the people and to the principal's office, the sound of their footsteps echoing against the white marble ground that looked like it had just been cleaned, props t...

The hallways were busier than expected, but the three of them managed to slip through the people and to the principal's office, the sound of their footsteps echoing against the white marble ground that looked like it had just been cleaned, props to them I guess.

Taking a turn down a hall, the trio stopped in front of two grand dark wooden doors with gold handles...wait

Is that real gold?

Sakura knocked on the door before Ava could think any further about it, a 'come in' sounding from the other side.
The big doors pushed open easier than expected, inside was a dark modern office, with grand windows to the side letting in soft morning sunlight.
Straight in front of them, was a big wooden desk decorated with papers, a computer, and other random stuff a principal would have...whatever that is, like a sweet family picture.

And the principal? A tall man with a broad chest, tan skin, a nicely shaved beard, and short hair...interesting

"Welcome, you three must be the new students? I will be your principal, call me Yaga" The intimidating man introduced himself...something told Ava he probably cuddled stuffed animals to sleep

off-track...

"I'm Ava, this is Sakura and Akari" Ava introduced themselves, her hands behind her back.
Yaga nodded in response, standing up from his chair and walking over to the three with three pieces of paper, a small yet noticeable smile on his face, he wouldn't admit it...but he was glad to have some respectful students here, though he wasn't sure how long that would last.

These are your schedules, if you get confused ask a teacher or any of the students" Yaga handed each of them a paper sheet with different classes labeled in each section. "Homeroom starts in five minutes, so I would go ahead and find it" Yaga advised

The three girls nodded, Ava folding up her paper and walking towards the door. She stopped in her steps when Yaga cleared his throat. "A-And before you go, if any students aren't treating you well...please let me know" His voice sounded hoarse.

Ava glanced back and nodded. "Will do" She did a playful salute, earning a nudge from Akari who was already following Sakura out of the office.
Ava wondered why he looked and sounded so tense...it seemed like a good school, not that she'd actually ever been to a school in person, being homeschooled all her life.

The hallways by now were empty and deserted except for a few students smoking or opening their lockers here and there.

A few glanced at the trio with interest. Once the three stopped in front of two tall light wooden doors, Akari hesitated before pushing open the doors, instantly met by chattering and laughs.

The teacher at the front clapped her hands together, demanding silence and attention.

"Please, everyone, quiet down! We have three new students...please make them feel welcome, go ahead and introduce yourselves" The woman in black leggings and a white blouse, brown hair put in a classic bun smiled warmly at them. Ava would have felt welcomed if it weren't for all the gazes instantly snapping over with interest.

Akari stood beside the teacher, Sakura beside her with a sweet smile, already trying to woo the students who were now in their homeroom.

Ava quickly throughout her sucker in the trash before following inside, flinching when a girl who was a little shorter than she almost crashed face-first against Ava.

The two stared at each other with light surprise before Ava's eyes narrowed, a charming smile forming on her lips.

"Watch where you're going, sweet cheeks~"

Ava spoke softly before pushing the girl off her, who now looked flustered with embarrassment.

Ava moved to stand beside Sakura, letting her gaze rake across all the students who had their attention focused back just as intensely.

"I'm Akari Fuji," said the girl's voice was monotone and slightly bored.

"I'm Sakura Hoshi!" There was a slight giggle in her bubbly voice as she waved at the students.

"Ava Mochizuki..." She said simply, running a hand through her hair lazily. All nervousness seemed to fade into annoyance at their stares.

A few whispers were heard after their introduction, Ava grimaced internally slightly, probably knowing it was because of their last names and who the three were connected to.

"Excellent! Go ahead and go take a seat wherever!" The teacher gestured around the classroom where a few seats were open for the taking. Ava shoved her hands in her pockets and took the lead, sitting in a chair beside a boy with nerdy glasses who seemed to tremble in his seat once she sat down with a small huff.

Sakura sat in front of her while Akari was on her right, the teacher nodded before turning her back to the class and beginning to explain what they would be doing this morning, to which hardly anyone paid attention...

The only person in the classroom who piqued Ava's interest was a tall boy at the back, unusually tall with fluffy white hair and round black glasses. Another boy the same height except with black hair put up in a small man bun and narrowed jet-black eyes.

And another boy who was absolutely massive, with more muscle than weight, who had odd tattoos, pushed back spiky pink hair and ruby eyes...eh, you wouldn't need to care much about them anyways.

Sakura turned her chair around to face both Ava and Akari, the three chatting about random things quietly.
Ava tensed when a finger tapped against her shoulder from behind, she looked behind her to see a boy with long blue hair and a stitched-looking face standing over her, a flirty grin plastered on his face.

"Excuse me ladies~ but me and my friends wanted to know whether you wanted to spend lunch at our table later today..." The boy asked politely, yet Ava could sense something sinister underneath.

Frowning a little, Ava leaned back a little and raised an eyebrow. "With you and your friends? Hm... I'll have to pass, girls?" Ava looked back at Sakura and Akari, who shook their heads as well.
Ava looked back at the boy, a small taunting smile on her lips. "Well, what are you still doing here?" Ava sneered softly, not in the mood to be get involved with some rando.

His smirk faded a little before he covered and grinned even bigger, taking a step back. "W-Well, my name is Mahito by the way!" He introduced himself before spinning around and shuffling towards the back of the class again.

Ava stared after him for a moment, before growling in annoyance once Sakura's voice whispered in her ear.

"He's cute~"

Ava scoffed and pushed her back, leaning forward on her desk. "Hah! If you're blind, maybe"
Akari shakes her head in amusement but says nothing, the playful banter between Ava and Sakura continuing.

Maybe this won't be so bad...

♡♡♡

So excited to keep writing! My birthday is a day away😆
Hope you enjoyed it! Don't be shy to let me know any grammar mistakes too.