Chapter 4

Shino had told Oshou what she saw, something that had to be said, was that her husband had never been very close to his daughter, that due to his various duties as a monk in charge of a temple.

Many times he doesn't even dine with them, so in retrospect Shino needn't have been surprised when her husband simply dismissed it as the actions of curious young men.

"What do you mean curious young men? Oshou they were both kissing her, they weren't peak or childish kisses and they were touching her on her breasts" She said a bit put out by her husband's passivity on this subject.

He just looked at her with all the calmness in the world seeming not to see the problem in it "But it was not against her will, they are children they will sooner or later explore these topics, our only concern should be to give them a talk so they don't go too far too soon" He explained as if nothing.

Shino wanted to pull her hair out, her daughter was small, young and innocent, a little ray of sunshine of purity, and she... She was being corrupted and her husband just didn't want to do anything about it other than lecture her.

"Now, I must get on with my work" Said the monk before walking away. Shino, like a good traditional Japanese wife, did not have the courage to stop him and continue the discussion.

She tried to think of what she should do, maybe she should talk to Megumi and tell her to stop seeing Kanta and Arima or maybe not be so extreme and tell her to just not do those things with them anymore.

Maybe that would work, but of course her husband would surely not support that idea, she let out a heavy sigh.

"Hello Shino" Enunciated a female voice bringing Shino out of her thoughts.

She looked at the person who had spoken to her, seeing Miwako who was approaching with a smile, it is true that it is time for her to take a break from cleaning the temple.

"Hello Miwako" Pronounced the older woman in a measured tone.

Seeing her she realized she has other options, she can ask Miwako to talk to her son about it, probably preventing it from happening again, of course there would still be the Arima problem, but knowing him, he just followed Kanta's example and would do it if he would stop.

"Actually, Miwako, I would like to talk to you a little bit" Pronounced the elder, Miwako who was just passing by, stopped willing to listen to her.

"Did Kanta do any mischief?" she asked immediately, knowing her son very well.

In the boy's defense, his antics are harmless, very typical of an average, very energetic child.

Being honest with herself, she felt quite happy to have Miwako around, not only because she helps them at the temple, but also because her daughter can have friends thanks to Kanta, since after all the boy acted as a bridge for Megumi and Arima to meet.

"Actually yes... But this is a bit more serious than usual" Shino grimaced a little, not quite knowing how to put it.

"That boy, he will listen to me, what did he do this time?" She asked with a frown, promising with that expression a good punishment for the boy.

"Well... He was kissing Megumi" Said the older woman.

Then, she noticed how Miwako's expression slowly changed to one of confusion and disbelief "He kissed Megumi?"

Shino realized that maybe just saying that didn't mean much, after all a kiss between children their age wouldn't be weird or even something worrisome... But it wasn't a kiss, if it was just an innocent kiss, Shino would have approved and maybe even pushed things a little more between the two, but they had skipped a lot of stages.

"It wasn't just a simple kiss, besides it wasn't just that, it wasn't just Kanta, Arima was there too, they had Megumi surrounded and were kissing her... Besides, Kanta was touching her breasts" Miwako looked at her for a few moments, her confusion transforming a bit into fear.

"He... He forced Megumi?" at that question, Shino's eyes widened.

Miwako clearly misunderstood things a bit and Shino was quick to correct her "O no, Megumi agreed with everything" she said trying to calm her down.

She may be angry that the children would skip so many steps and that Kanta and Arima were taking her daughter down such a perverse path, but she wouldn't dare call any of those children rapists.

Miwako let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that "I... I will talk to Kanta" She gave a rather pronounced bow "I apologize for my son's behavior, I promise it won't happen again."

Shino quickly reached out touching the woman's shoulder "It's okay Miwako, I trust you, kids shouldn't be doing this kind of thing so young, don't worry, this won't bring trouble to your work or Kanta, just please make sure he doesn't do it again."

Miwako lifted her torso, ending her bow, she nodded gratefully to Shino before walking away, surely going in search of her son.

The older woman hoped that would be enough to solve this whole situation.

Kanta always found a way to make her day more difficult, it was always some stupid things, like unintentionally breaking the window of someone's house playing with a ball, or forcing her to go to school because he got into a fight with a classmate.

But all of that were understandable things, things that almost any mother had to live through sometime in her life. It was typical, children are chaotic by nature and her Kanta was very energetic.

Besides, it's not like he was bad, he always stuck up for his misdeeds instead of hiding or denying them, if he fought at school it was usually to defend Arima and he always found a way to make himself forgiven.

But this time he went too far... Kissing Megumi, touching her breasts, dragging Arima to do the same, that was much more serious.

She moved around the temple with a heavy step looking for Kanta all over the place, knowing full well that if he had left the temple first he would have gone to warn her that he would.

As Miwako searched for him and as the seconds passed her initial anger gave way to different thoughts and new questions in her mind.

"Has Kanta reached the age where he does such things?" she wondered in a whisper, she couldn't rule it out, he would be entering high school at the end of the year and boys at that age start to see women differently.

She thought that would be a logical reason why he did what he did, kissing and touching Megumi like that... She couldn't play dumb either Megumi is also at that age and Arima alike, it was logical that they would sooner or later try to experiment and many times they tend to do it between friends, she was also a child long ago and had done similar things... Although it was with only one man and they were slightly older than those three.

"It's my fault" Miwako paused as she said those words to herself.

Last night she had kissed Kanta, after that other boy kissed her she simply lost control of her emotions and kissed Kanta as if he were a man... And he kissed her back.

Miwako leaned her back against one of the temple walls, feeling a little dizzy at the thought.

She had definitely awakened something in Kanta and that had probably led him to try something with Megumi, that was becoming more logical the more she thought about it.

"What have I done?" said Miwako a little louder than she meant to.

"Precisely that I wonder, what have you done?" Miwako looked in the direction where that voice had come from, seeing the same boy from yesterday, Nemoto.