9. Sell Out

Fred POV:

Eventually, Kid Ritz and Rollie return to the room. Rollie walks me to our room, and as we enter the hallway, we see Dom and his brothers.

Dom: "Don't you think it's a bit gross? You to be... sneaking around with your... boss?"

Fred: "What do you mean by "sneaking around"?"

Johnny: "You're a model... you're not dating your manager, are you?"

I look at Rollie, then back at the boys.

Fred: "Why would it matter? If I'm not a threat to you, why does it matter who I'm with?"

I walk up to the brothers, my face inches away from Dom. He stares up at me, his jaw tight as he glares.

Fred: "Don't worry about my love life. Worry about the next show. See you all on the runway, Boyz."

I turn and open the bedroom door before anyone can tell me anything. I go outside to my balcony, pissed off they think they can talk to me that way. I sit on the beach chair overlooking the rest of the island.

It's pretty at night, as many different sand castle buildings are lit with soft blues, reds, and pinks. Looking at the pretty lights helps me calm down, but I'm still frustrated.

I hear the sliding glass door open, then the smell of smoke as Rollie walks up behind me.

Rollie: "You... were very nice to stand up for us in the hallway. I didn't get to tell you you did a sensational job tonight. You were incredible, and you had the audience talking the whole show. So... thank you."

I turn my head and look up at Rollie. I nod, then look back at the lights.

Rollie: "You're tense."

Hmm, I guess I am. I didn't bother putting on any of my clothes as Ven and I hurried out of the staging area so quickly. I'm sure Justin or someone else can get the clothes we arrived in. Or, even if they don't, I really could care less.

I only care about walking the last two shows and doing a better job than the Sage Boyz. I hate their shitty attitudes... they think they're so much better than Ven and I.

Man, they annoy me. I sigh angrily against my hand before trying to take a deep breath.

Rollie: "What can I do? To... help you relax?"

I forgot he was here; I was so caught up in my stress.

Fred: "You don't have to do anything, sir. It's alright; I just... want to win, now."

Rollie walks around to stand in front of me. He rests his back against the railing and turns his head as he takes a drag. I watch him smoke for a bit... he looks pretty with the lights as his backdrop.

Rollie meets my eyes again, his red ones looking me over.

Fred: "Rollie... I..."

My heart beats fast as I try to think of something to say. I like him a lot and want to pursue something more serious romantically with him.

Rollie blows smoke as he waits for me to continue.

Fred: "Rollie... I want... to be with you. You just... pull me in, and I can't get enough of you. I don't know how else to say it other than... I want you. I want to be... good for you. I want to walk, be your model, and do whatever it takes to make it on top."

Rollie takes a deep breath, then walks right up to me. He puts his hand on my shoulder and then kisses me. I kiss him back as I rest one hand on his lower back. He tastes like sugary, fruity smoke... and fuck, I want more.