chapter2

"The next morning, my alarm blared to life, jolting me awake. I slapped it silent and snuggled back under the covers, craving just a few more minutes of sleep. But before I could drift off, a pillow whacked me squarely on the head. I groggily opened my eyes to find Remi, my annoying little sister, grinning mischievously at me.

'Good morning, sleepyhead!' she chirped, already dressed and ready for the day.

I tossed my pillow back at her, and we launched into a full-blown pillow fight, laughing and shrieking until Mom burst into our room.

'Girls, it's 7 am! You have 15 minutes to get ready!'

I hastily completed my morning routine, then stood in front of the mirror for a quick pep talk. 'You got this, Lexi. First day of school, new friends, new adventures...'

I slipped on my favorite outfit - black jeans, a red top, and a white shrug that accentuated my skinny frame - and felt a boost of confidence. Ready to take on the day!"

"As soon as Dad dropped us off at school, he gave us a warm smile and a wave. 'Be good girls, try to have a great day! Love you, my sweeties!'

Remi and I chimed in unison, 'We will be good, love you too, Daddy!'

We hopped out of the car and watched as Dad drove away, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves as we began our first day at a new school. As we walked towards the office, we couldn't help but notice the stares and whispers from our new classmates.

'Hello there! You must be Lexi and Remi,' the office secretary said with a warm smile, handing us our class schedules. 'Welcome to your new school!'

We thanked her and hurried to our classes, trying to make it before the bell rang. I rushed into my classroom, slightly out of breath, just as the teacher was writing her name on the board.Teacher turned back on the sound of door opening and looked at me and smiled.

'So, you must be the new student, Lexi,' Mrs. Johnson said with a warm smile, her eyes crinkling at the corners. 'Welcome to our class! We're glad to have you here.'

I smiled back, feeling a little more at ease. 'Thanks, Mrs. Johnson. I'm excited to be here.'

Sophia, the girl I was sitting next to, leaned over and whispered, 'Hey, Lexi, I'm glad you're in our class. We don't get many new students here.'

I smiled gratefully at her. 'Thanks, Sophia. I'm glad to be here.'

As the teacher continued with the lesson, I tried to focus, but my mind kept wandering. New school, new friends, new adventures..