01.02 Part 2

"A father's presence is a gift that shapes a child's world."

After Daemon had checked his daughter, he went to the room that he had stayed in during the early years that Royce and him were married. Royce and him had never engaged in contact until that one night, their daughter was conceived. Hours passed and soon moonset took its course. Royce had yet to sleep as she and Adrien were packing the essentials for Adelia's departure for King's Landing. Despite, Daemon being an absent father for most times, most of Adelia's wardrobe was his house's colors, Black and Red. Even though, Daemon and Royce made the effort to keep their daughter in the dark about their broken marriage, Daemon and Royce never got along. Daemon threatened Royce and in response to the threat their child would never wear the color Bronze until her mother's death as a retaliation to her mother's truth death caused by her father, Daemon. Colors of Black, Red, Gold, White, and even Grey and Blue dominated the wardrobe colors but there was never the color Bronze in sight. Green was never in the wardrobe either. Royce didn't know the reason why Daemon despised the color Green until she had learned the hatred that Daemon held for the Hightowers, so as well in response to the threat, Green was never in sight until Daemon had left for the Stepstones, Royce's death and even Alicent's exposure of the green varieties that Alicent gave towards Adelia. Once the essentials were packed, Royce woke up Daemon as it was time and readied her daughter for the flight she was about to endear.

Adelia's clothing was already set on her bed as the only thing that needed to be done, was wake the child up which wasn't a troubling thing to do but put the child down for nap or sleep was. Royce went towards Adelia and gently woke the sleeping daughter from her slumber, "Adelia, you must wake now. It's time." Once Adelia heard the words 'It's time,' Adelia jumped out of bed and readied herself for the adventure her father would take her on his dragon, Caraxes, the Blood Wrym.

Adelia stretched her muscles as Daemon readied himself in the other room already set to go. Adelia put on the dress that her mother set out for her and due to her father's interference with the colors of her wardrobe, it was black and red with small details that covered the dress which were gold and silver. The top portion of the dress looked as if it was made out of leather as if she was a true dragon rider wearing it's dragon riding clothing, the dress skirt was a flowly material that was light but stiff so it wouldn't go up in the night breeze, and the shoulder pads were as if she was wearing armor of a loyal and honorable Knight.

Once Adelia's dress was properly situated, her black leather boots that contained small heels on the bottom back of the boot were next. Her black leather boots were gifted to her by her father, the moment he heard, her other boots that were gifted to her for her dragon riding no longer had fit. Since, Adelia didn't have a dragon to ride, she used the boots for everyday wear, hunting alongside her mother and Adrien and dragon riding with her father on Caraxes.