01.02 Part 1

People have secrets. Everyone has secrets. Secrets are everywhere.

Secrets can be hidden in truths and in lies.

It is our job to figure out in which one.

Secrets can be white lies. Lies that are part of the truth but never fully honest within them.

My house had a secret. House Royce held a secret for many years. Many decades, even after my mother's death. I wasn't my mother's only child. That was what my house wanted people to know. My mother had a bastard. I never knew he was my brother until my father went to the war in 112 AC. His name was Adrien Akelio Stone. He was a bastard that worked under House Royce since he was a small infant. No one knew of his true parentage but my mother, the Lord of Runestone at the time, my brother and I when my father left. My mother lost her maiden at the age of 10 and 4 (14). Had my older brother at 10 and 5 (15). Had my brother of a different father, two years before marrying my father Daemon. When Lord Yorbet Royce found out, he was furious but he still kept my mother as his heir. As long as no one found out, everything was in the clear. The secret was kept hidden even after over 3 decades. By the time, the dragons danced, my brother was close to turning 30 and 8 (38). Even when I didn't know the truth, I loved him as a brother, a member of the family despite being born a bastard. I had no issue with bastards and the concept of it. My closest friends in present times, were bastards. I just didn't like the fact when they pretended that weren't. If the "evidence" is clear, why pretend and defend that it is false, when everyone knows? I guess people like to live a noble life with a higher title than a commoner's life.

Before we get to the present time, I must tell you things from the beginning.

On how my life fell apart the moment my father decided to take me to King's Landing and leave me for the war.