Chapter 28 / Jealousy

Yiz_DeShu <3

Throughout the walk, Soobin had ultimately come into terms with his emotions and was able to soothe down. A moment of silence was necessary for him to do so. He would often momentarily check his phone for a message though it was to no avail because Yeonjun hadn't made the time to respond. All the way back in Gwangju, his time was spent on accompanying both his mother and sister.

" Maybe, I should give a gift to Hyung, like when he gets back " He pursed his lips as he averted his gaze on the steps he took on the stone pavement.

Despite the subtle actions he would frequently do for the older, the thought of a potential formation of a romantic interest for Yeonjun still hadn't struck him fully yet.

The group of teenagers had eventually reached their destination after a lengthy duration of sauntering. Upon arriving, they were met with a minor conflict that the restaurant they had planned to eat lunch in was closed for the day. Soobin was not as near with the dismay the others had felt because he had already anticipated it, although there was a smidge of hope lurking inside him. Soobin suggested leaving for a different restaurant that was further away from ‘ Desires fulfilled ’ and all of them turned in on an agreement to do so.

They entered through the double entry doors that were made in glass with Soobin being the one to push through one door and holding it out for the three of them. They were greeted by a woman in a short sleeved button up that was maroon in color, her tie was jet black along with her slacks. She gave a bow and the four teenagers reciprocated.

" Hello, is this a table for four? " She asked in a perky tone of voice and a smile that matched exactly that. 

" Hello and yes, please " Soobin responded, a likewise smile.

He could hear the others behind him muttering and was able to grasp a clear vision of them glancing over to the tables as they all let out a gasp of wonderment in unison. The chairs were made from a kind of wood called rattan whilst the tables were of glass. An identical flower pot was placed on the center of all the tables, only distinguished with the quantities based on the size of the table. The restaurant was adorned with lanterns that hang from across the ceiling and emitted a light of saffron hue. There was a good amount of indoor plants present in the restaurant.

" Okay then, please follow me " The waitress then added, with a polite smile afterwards.

They began to follow the waitress as she led them the way to a table that was suitable for four people.

" Hyung, this place looks kinda expensive " Taehyun gave a comment whilst he continued on gawking around the interior of the restaurant, mouth slightly opened.

" It's not, if you're paying " Soobin responded as he displayed a faint smile that the others had taken a glimpse of.

" Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen " Kai said, with a scoff right afterwards.

" Yeah, and as if I'm rich " Taehyun tightened his lips whilst he began to fold his arms over his chest.

The waitress stopped in her tracks the moment a table of four that was unoccupied was on her sight. The teenagers who were following closely behind stopped all together.