Part 1/1

He had invited him on a sudden date. He had referred to it as an "emergency." Vox had found it weird since he was always the one to reach out... But that's fine, right? Now Alastor wanted to see him, and badly too, as it appeared from the haste in his voice through the phone. Also, come on, Alastor using the phone?? He did it for him. He did care.

Vox took a deep breath as he stepped in the café Alastor had suggested. He clenched his hands on the flowers he was holding... No matter what Alastor had called him for, he was ready to stand by his side and support him. He was in love with that demon. It was hard to admit it to himself, but it was true.

Everything about him was... breathtaking. His smile, which was hiding so much underneath, his beautiful hair, his way of speaking, his strength and power. Vox had admired him for a long time after finally realized that he did fall in love with him. 

And then, one day, Alastor held him back after one of the boring Overlords' meetings and confessed to him and then kissed him. Vox took a fair bit to process what just happened, only to very obviously pinch himself in front of Alastor to make sure that he wasn't dreaming. Plot twist: he wasn't.

And now, two months after, there he was, ready for another fucking happy day in Hell with his favorite person in the world. He smiled to himself and spotted Alastor immediately in the coffee shop. He was filling the room with light after all, so it wasn't that difficult... Alastor was looking very unamused and not excited at all to see his partner. Well, he was always hiding his feelings, so... nothing new, Vox guessed.

He walked up to him, hiding his flowers behind his back as a surprise, looking forward to seeing Alastor's gleaming eyes as he'd give them to him.

Alastor finally noticed Vox approaching him, and he straightened up fixing up his bow tie. He offered him a seat without greeting him, just by pointing at the chair at the other side of the table. He opened his mouth, ready to speak, but Vox interrupted him immediately, saying: "Alastor, whatever this "emergency" is, I just want to remind you that I'm here for you and I'm glad about... us, and I promise I will help you however I can." He stood up again, ready to give him the flowers finally, while Alastor's eyes for a brief moment shined as he said: "Sorry, I'm breaking up with you. "

Vox's smile faded at once, his eyes got bigger, and his shoulders dropped. Suddenly, all the light in the room disappeared at once. "W-what?"he whispered. "Oh, you didn't hear me? I'm breaking up with you, " said Alastor, slower this time. "As in, it's over, we should see other people, there are many ways to say it, really," he added, with his grim never leaving his face once. Vox just blinked at him. "You... what?," he managed to say after a while. Alastor took a deep breath, looking very obviously annoyed by Vox proving to him once again that was unable to keep up a simple conversation going, "I knew you were a stupid, noisy box, but you kind of surprise me, honestly... Which part do you want me to repeat?" he said with forced patience. Vox blinked once more. "Why?" he said through his gritted teeth that were preventing his tears from flooding his eyes. "Why?"he repeated louder.

Alastor brushed his hair with his hand and sighed again as if he was bored to explain. "You really didn't know?" He chuckled. "Oh dear, you are truly more entertaining than I thought... I could say I almost feel bad, only I don't." He was looking at him right in the eyes, smiling, but Vox was still looking at the floor, confused and tense, avoiding eye contact, still standing up. "Well, change of plans, you know, afterlife is unpredictable, yet full of opportunities, and I don't need you anymore. I could join the Vees as I was planning to do, and were quite helpful, obviously, but now, for reasons you don't have to know about, I won't." Vox was still in silence.

Alastor was kept that smile going, as is tradition, and he turned his head to the side curiously, looking at him almost pitifully. He chuckled once again. "You didn't really think that you were actually... special, did you?" ... He added, "You should know, though, that you were the most suitable person for me to use to join the Vees because of your absolute reckless eagerness. You... you believed me immediately! " he figured out loudly.

"Well, since we are done here..." he said after a while, as he was standing up,"I have some very pressing and obviously more important matters to attend to.." He was fully standing now, his height was intimidating. He noticed that Vox had still had his hands behind his back. "Why, what do we have here?," he asked playfully.

"Fuck you," Vox's trembling voice came out. "Excuse me, could you repeat that?," said Alastor, enjoying every moment. "FUCK YOU!," Vox screamed at the top of his lungs as he finally looked at him in the eyes. He wanted to tear them apart. He was sobbing uncontrollably, he was shaking whole. His breath had run out, and he was fighting for air while his rage couldn't be held any longer.

He flew himself over to Alastor, attempting to hurt him as much as he could, be he couldn't see through his tears, that were also glitching his system. He ended up twitching in the floor, and Alastor stood there, watched him for a bit, and then left, stepping in the flowers that meanwhile had started to rot.

He walked out of the coffee shop, feeling satisfied and lighter. Now... she would finally agree to have a deal with him. Nothing attached to Hell, he was now fully ready to completely dedicate himself to her, only to come out stronger than ever. Only she, Lilith, knew how to take Lucifer down, and he was his only threat so... he had now choice but to do as she said.

Seven years later, that fucker had the audacity to come back, after leaving Vox in the most humiliating, heartbreaking and shitty situation he could, thinking that he still had the influence he once did over the sinners...

Lol, turns out he did, sorry hon (sometimes bbg is a Samsung tv)

The End :)

🎉 You've finished reading An unexpected date (𝓡𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓬 // 𝔸𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕩 𝕍𝕠𝕩) 🎉