3. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝.

As Avinash and Amyra descended the staircase, Avinash grumbled, "I'm doing all this for me, not for you, so don't get any wrong ideas."

Amyra shot back, "Have I ever said anything? Do you just enjoy picking fights and taunting me all the time?"

Avinash retorted, "Don't act innocent. Because of you, a lizard fell on me."

"And then you started missing your mommy," Amyra finished his sentence with a mischievous smile.

"You know..." Avinash began, frustration evident in his voice.

"Just keep walking quietly, or I'll throw you down the stairs right here," Amyra warned, her tone playful yet serious.

"Hahaha, that was a good joke," Avinash teased.

When they reached down, everyone was shocked to see Avinash because He had never attended any festival before. How did he come today?

"How is this possible?" Nandini whispered to herself, eyes wide with surprise.

"Aunty, here are all the dandiya sticks," Amyra said to Sangeeta, her voice cheerful and light.

Avinash stood behind, awkwardly holding the dandiya sticks, feeling out of place.

"Hey mister, give aunty the dandiya sticks, or are you just going to stand there?" Amyra snapped, bringing Avinash back to reality.

Snapping out of it, Avinash handed the dandiya sticks to Sangeeta aunty and looked angrily at Amyra, who just smiled back.

"Okay guys, let's have dinner now, and since Avinash bhaiya is here, it will be even more fun," Kiana said to everyone.

"Yes, hurry up! I'm starving," Amyra exclaimed.

"You all go ahead and eat. I'll have mine later," Avinash said.

"Yeah, sure, who asked you anyway," Amyra replied with a teasing smirk.

"Keep quiet, or else if I say something, you'll start crying like a baby," Avinash teased Amyra.

"Oh, stop it, both of you. Avinash, come here and meet the guests," Avinash's mother intervened.

"I'll deal with you later," Avinash said to Amyra in a mock angry voice, "Yes, mom, I'm coming."

"Let's go, everyone. Let this crazy person be," Amyra said to the group, rolling her eyes.

As everyone was having dinner, Avinash's gaze fell on Amyra. He found himself admiring her, lost in thought.

Karan came over to Avinash and said, "Hey bro, how have you been? I haven't seen you around lately."

"Oh, I'm doing great. How about you?" Avinash replied.

"Nothing much, just the usual. So, tell me, any girlfriend in your life?" Karan asked with a grin.

"Girlfriend? Nah, all these relationships are just time pass for me. I'm not into all that," Avinash said nonchalantly.

"Yes, that's right, bro," Karan said, leaning back in his chair.

"You'll get it," Avinash asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, no, I'm still single," Karan replied with a shrug.

"Oh, really?" Avinash said, a note of surprise in his voice.

"Okay kids, let's go home, it's getting very late," Amyra's mother called out, breaking the boys' conversation.

"Mom, just a little while longer, please," Amyra pleaded, her eyes wide with a puppy face.

"No, dear, it's already very late," her mother insisted firmly.

Reluctantly, the children started gathering their things, and Amyra's entire family began saying their goodbyes to Avinash's family. As they moved toward the door, Amyra's mother was making sure everyone had everything they needed.

At that moment, Amyra tugged on her mother's sleeve. "Mom, just let me have some ice cream," she begged.

"If I let you go again, you'll get lost again," her mother warned.

"Oh, it's okay," Nandini, Avinash's mother, interjected with a smile. "Let the kids have some fun."

She turned to Avinash and said, "Go get some ice cream for Amyra, dear."

"Why? Doesn't she have legs? Can't she get it herself?" Avinash grumbled, clearly not in the mood.

"I do have legs, but mom isn't letting me go," Amyra retorted, lifting her leg slightly to emphasize her point.

"Oh God, this girl," Avinash muttered under his breath.

"Quietly go and get it," Avinash's mom commanded him with a stern look.

"Fine, I'll get it," Avinash sighed, giving Amyra a side-eye.

He walked briskly towards the ice cream stall. The night air was cool, and a slight breeze rustled the leaves of the trees lining the road.

"Uncle, please give me one ice cream. A crazy girl wants it," Avinash said, leaning on the counter of the stall.

"Crazy girl?" the vendor asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, uncle, a crazy girl," Avinash confirmed, rolling his eyes.

The vendor chuckled and handed him an ice cream cone. "Here you go."

Avinash took the ice cream and made his way back to Amyra. "Here you go, crazy girl, your ice cream," he said, handing it to her.

"I'm not crazy, you are! Understand?" Amyra snapped, taking the ice cream with a huff.

"Yeah, everyone knows who the real crazy one is," Avinash replied with a smirk.

"Kids, get in the car," Amyra's father called out from the driveway, where the car was already waiting.

As the families exchanged final goodbyes, the children piled into the car. Amyra's mother made sure everyone was buckled up before closing the door.

"Thank you for the ice cream, Avinash," Amyra said quietly as the car pulled away from the curb.

"You're welcome," Avinash replied, a small smile playing on his lips.

The car ride home was filled with chatter and laughter, the earlier tension forgotten. Amyra savored her ice cream, feeling content and happy as the city lights blurred past the windows.

"Next time, let's make sure to get ice cream before it gets too late," Amyra's mother said with a chuckle, glancing at her daughter in the rearview mirror.

"Agreed," Amyra said with a grin, her face still sticky from the ice cream.

As they drove home, the night sky twinkled with stars, and the sounds of the city faded into the background, leaving behind a sense of peace and contentment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
🌷

So, Hey beautiful readers

I decided to give you all a vote and comment target.

Vote - 10+
Comment - 3

I just want to say that i know the chapter is short.

I Will increase the length of the chapter from the next time 💌

I hope you all like the chapter 3
Vote, comment and share my book with your readers friends🦋

Tab tak ke liye tata bye bye 💖

~Iris