Chapter 1 - Tethered

Yes, I know this isn't how the Force works. No, I don't care. =) Windu might seem a little bit OOC, but there is a reason for that...

PS: Anakin has also never done anything wrong ever ever <3<3<3 but that doesn't mean anyone else agrees... so prepare for a lot of angsssst

WARNINGS: Self-harming, suicidal thoughts, homicide from the murdered person's POV if that needs a warning..., the horrors of being immortal, emotional abuse

~ Tirana Sorki

"Our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive."

"You will need my help if you are going to arrest him."

"For your own, stay out of this affair... If you what you have told me is true, you will have gained my trust, but for now, remain here."

"You Sith disease. I am going to end this once and for all."

"It's not the Jedi way."

"Power! Unlimited power!"

"What have I done?"

"Henceforth you shall be known as Darth Vader."

"Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

***

He can't save everyone. Not this time. The knowledge has settled deep in his gut, a sickening knowing that he can't shake. He's too overwhelmed from the – everything that just happened to think of anything. The Jedi just committed treason, turned on everything Anakin thought they believed in. He saw Windu about to break the Jedi Code.

Stopping them is for the greater good, like – like they always taught him.

And he doesn't get a say in this now more than he ever has. It's the Chancellor's orders, and he has no choice to back out. No choice but to fight if he doesn't want every last one of his boys slaughtered here, and if he has to choose who to defend in a fight to the death between them and the Jedi, it's – it's not a question of who he's going to choose.

Especially not when Padme and his child's life are on the line. Not when he hasn't truly ever been one of the Jedi. They've never once treated him like it, not truly. He's their weapon, and now – now he's the Chancellor's.

He doesn't think. Can't.

Doesn't mean he doesn't hate himself more and more with each passing moment.

Doesn't mean he doesn't know how he'll never be able to live with himself again, but he can't stop.

He can feel the death surrounding him. Death by his hand and everyone else's. Feels like with every death is ripping him apart anew.

This isn't for himself. It's for his family, for his boys, for – for the galaxy. He keeps moving.

Until a purple lightsaber floods the darkened hallway in front of him, and Anakin stops cold.

"Skywalker," Windu hisses. His eyes are burning with fury.

What – what he's doing here?

Anakin freezes, for only a moment, before raising his own blade. He can't stop and freeze up, no matter how confused he is. Windu was – the one who started this all in the first place. The one who was going to commit treason and got all the rest of the Jedi to go along with him. He's the one who Anakin has to stop most of all. He's – he has to stop the masters first. They're by far the most dangerous.