Chapter 12: Desperate Bargains

Aisha and Sameer's victory was short-lived. As they walked towards the city's outskirts, planning their next move, a black SUV screeched to a halt beside them. Before they could react, masked men jumped out, grabbed them, and shoved them into the vehicle.

The drive was a blur of fear and confusion. Aisha clutched Sameer's hand, her mind racing with thoughts of escape. But any hope of that vanished when they were dragged out of the SUV and into Veer's mansion. This time, they were taken directly to Veer's office.

Veer sat behind his desk, a cold smile on his face as he watched them being forced to kneel before him. "Welcome back," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "Did you really think you could escape me?"

Sameer struggled against the men holding him. "You won't get away with this, Veer. We have the evidence."

Veer's smile widened. "Evidence? You mean this?" He held up the flash drive Sameer had taken. "You didn't think I'd let you leave with it, did you?"

Aisha's heart sank. All their efforts seemed futile. Veer's men had anticipated their moves and had been waiting for them.

Veer leaned back in his chair, his gaze shifting to Aisha. "You have two choices, Aisha. Sign this contract and agree to be with me, or watch your family suffer."

He slid a document across the desk. Aisha glanced at it, her eyes widening in horror as she realized it was a marriage contract. "You can't force me to do this," she whispered, her voice shaking with anger.

Veer's expression darkened. "Oh, I can. If you refuse, I'll ruin your family. They'll lose everything—jobs, homes, everything. Do you want that on your conscience?"

Aisha felt a wave of desperation wash over her. She looked at Sameer, his eyes filled with a mix of anger and fear. "Don't do it, Aisha," he pleaded. "We'll find another way."

Veer stood up, walking around the desk to stand in front of Aisha. He reached out, lifting her chin to meet his gaze. "Think carefully, Aisha. You have no other option. Sign the contract, and your family stays safe. Refuse, and they suffer."

Aisha's mind raced. She felt trapped, her heart heavy with the weight of the decision she had to make. She couldn't let her family suffer because of her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she reached for the pen.

"No, Aisha, don't!" Sameer shouted, struggling against the men holding him back.

Veer's expression grew even colder as he reached for his phone and made a video call. The screen flickered to life, showing a live feed of Aisha's house. Her parents were inside, oblivious to the danger. Veer's men surrounded the house, armed and ready.

"Watch closely," Veer said, his voice a venomous whisper. He gestured to one of the men on the screen, who kicked open the door and entered the house. Aisha's mother screamed as she was dragged into the living room, a gun pressed to her temple.

"No! Stop it!" Aisha cried, her voice breaking with fear and desperation.

Veer smirked. "Do you see now, Aisha? I hold all the power. Sign the contract, or they die. Your choice."

Aisha's eyes filled with tears as she looked at her mother's terrified face on the screen. She felt a wave of helplessness wash over her. Veer's cruelty knew no bounds. He was willing to destroy everything she loved to get what he wanted.

Sameer's face was pale with rage. "Aisha, don't do it. He's a monster. We can find another way."

Veer's patience was wearing thin. He leaned forward, his eyes boring into Aisha's. "Sign the contract, or watch them die. You have ten seconds."

Aisha's hands trembled as she reached for the pen. The weight of her decision crushed her spirit, but she couldn't let her family suffer because of her. She glanced at Sameer, whose eyes were filled with a mixture of anger and sorrow.

Veer counted down slowly, each number like a dagger to Aisha's heart. "Ten... nine... eight..."

With a shaking hand, Aisha signed the contract. As soon as she finished, Veer snatched the paper away, his eyes gleaming with triumph.

"Good girl," he said, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "You made the right choice."

Aisha felt a wave of nausea as Veer's lips brushed her skin. She had sacrificed her freedom to protect her family, but she wasn't defeated. She met Sameer's eyes, silently promising that they would find a way out of this nightmare.

Veer ordered his men to take Sameer away. "Take him to the basement. He can stay there until I decide what to do with him."

Sameer struggled, calling out to Aisha as he was dragged away. "Aisha, don't give up! We'll find a way!"

Aisha's heart ached as she watched Sameer disappear down the hall. She was now bound to Veer, but she refused to let him break her spirit. She would bide her time, find a way to escape, and bring Veer to justice.

As Veer wrapped an arm around her, leading her towards her new prison, Aisha steeled herself. The battle was far from over. She had lost this round, but the fight for freedom and justice had only just begun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for your continued support and for reading Chapter 12 of our story. Your encouragement means the world to me and inspires me to keep writing. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and felt the tension and emotion as deeply as I did while writing it.

Please take a moment to vote for this story if you enjoyed it. Your votes help me continue sharing this journey with you. And don't forget to leave a comment to let me know your thoughts—I love hearing from you!

Thank you again for being such amazing readers. Your support keeps this story alive!

With gratitude,