Chapter 21

"Oh my gosh"

Her mouth drops as she watches the girl chucking things down at the boys.

"Throw one more of those things and I'l" Gally starts but gets hit in the face.

Laughing out she holds Chuck close as they watch the idiot boys. They do realize they could step away. Rolling her eyes she steps forward crossing her arms.

"Hey girly! Cut it-" Gasping in shock when an apple hits her head.

"Take cover y'all take cover!"

"I don't think she likes us very much" Newt laughs as he pulls Charlotte under his plank. "I'm going to kill her" Charlotte growls out.

"Calm down love, you've been wanting a girl for years and now we have one" "Yeah and she's insane!"

"You're not much better" Gally comments and Charlotte snaps her head to him glaring hard.

Gally quickly moves away from the girl. "Hey! It's Thomas" Thomas yells and she stops.

"The hell?" Charlotte whispers.

"I'm coming up, ok?" Thomas walks up and Charlotte orders everyone to start picking up the girl's mess. "Is she coming down?" Gally yells. "Give us a second" The boys sigh.

"Jealous?" Charlotte smirks. "Why would we be jealous?" Fry asks. "First girl who comes up immediately has a man" She points out seeing as more boys keep looking up to the tower wanting a look at her.

"Well we already went through that once" Gally says, raising an eyebrow at her.

"Me? What are you talking about? I don't have a-" She pauses glaring at their smirks and eyebrows wiggling.

"You're making fun of me" "Who's making fun of you?" Newt asks, standing next to her smiling.

Avoiding eye contact to try not to prove their point she bends down picking up two apples and throwing one at each boy.

"Shuckfaces" She glowers as they snicker looking back and forth between her and Newt. "What's going on? Did I miss something?" Newt leans close to Charlotte whispering.

Fry winks at her. "Nope" She responds before turning and leaving. "What's happening?" She hears Newt ask and the two boys start laughing.

"No"

"Charlotte-" "I said no Thomas, we don't even know what that is, it could kill him" She stares at the blue vile.

"He's already dying"

The sobering reality punches her in the stomach as she looks down at her remaining best friend. "It could give him a chance" Teresa says and she crosses her arms.

She won't lose him.

"Ok, do it" She hands the vial to Jeff who walks over moving to push it into his skin Alby wakes up sitting up and grabs Thomas starting to choke him. Quickly jumping forward she starts pushing down on Alby's arms.

"Let go Alby!" She yells. He goes slack. Turning to Teresa she holds the now empty vial. "Well I think that worked" Newt mumbles.

"Sundown greenie" Gally says walking in.