1

Paige sits on the couch in her New York apartment, scrolling through her phone. The off-season had been a whirlwind, and she was looking forward to some downtime before the next season started. Her younger brother, Drew, is visiting and playing video games in the living room.
"Drewski," Paige Called out as she enter the living room.
"What's up P?" He said still not pausing his game.
"Okay so boom, I just got an email from my manager and basically they want me to be in a PR stunt," she said as he finally looked up.
"That sounds cool! What do you have to do?" The younger boy asked curiously. His older sister shot it really to sure herself.
"It's some fan engagement thing I think. They want me to team up with a social media influencer. Honestly, I'm not really sure about all the details yet,"
"Do you know who the influencer is?" Drew asked now completely enamored with the news he'd just received.
"Someone named Camilla," she said as she showed him the phone, "Look."
"Dude you don't know her? She's like famous as heck on TikTok. You got introduce me to her P!" Drew said as Paige laughed.
"I guess. It's just another thing on my schedule. We'll see how it goes,"

——————

Camilla paced back and forth in her Los Angeles apartment, phone pressed to her ear. Her best friend, Angel, listened patiently on the other end as the younger girl ranged furiously at the news she'd just gotten.
"I can't believe this. They want me to pretend to be in a relationship with Paige Bueckers," she exclaimed frustratedly.
"What the hell? That sounds intense. Why?" Angel asked confused. She was teammates with Paige at one point, and she also knew Paige didn't need publicity so it didn't make sense to her.
"It's some ridiculous PR stunt to boost her image and the league's visibility. I can't stand her, Angel. She's so full of herself."
"Maybe it won't be as bad as you think. From what I can remember Paige was a pretty nice person," Angel tried to assure her other half but Milla was hearing it.  
" I doubt it. I've seen her in person, and I don't like her attitude, she's so damn rude Ang. This is going to be a nightmare," Camilla said borderline in tears. This was the last thing she wanted.
" Just try to keep an open mind. Who knows? Maybe you'll find some common ground and yall can be friends,"
"I'll be an adult but I am not happy about this Angel. Not at all," Camilla typed a short response back to her manager confirming the meeting location and time before clicking to Instagram to post her pictures. Life of an influencer.

Liked by kehlani and 92,283 othersMillasmoments AURA✨View all 20,930 commentsAngelreese5 So cute best 😍 | millasmoments Luv you stink😚User202 mommy? Sorry

Millasmoments AURA✨
View all 20,930 comments
Angelreese5 So cute best 😍
| millasmoments Luv you stink😚
User202 mommy? Sorry. Mommy?
[liked by creator]

————————

Paige and Camilla were scheduled to meet for the first time at Redbird, arranged by the PR team. Both arrive early, sizing each other up from a distance before being formally introduced. Camilla looked over as the lady across from her finally spoke up. "Paige, Camilla, great to see you both. Let's get started. This campaign is going to involve a series of events and social media posts where you two will be presenting as a couple,"
"Sounds straightforward enough," the elder girl commented as the younger felt nothing but detain.
"Wonderful. Just what I've always wanted," Ayanna, Camilla's manager ignored the girl's sarcasm as she took he turn to speak.
"We'll start with some casual outings, build up a story around how you met, and engage with fans. Authenticity is key, so you'll need to get to know each other well," Paige peered over at Camilla before chuckling. As mean as the girl tried to look right noe, she was so cute.
"Got it," paige said as she smiled showing all 32 teeth.
" Sure,let's make it as authentic as possible," Camilla added with forced one. The meeting continues with the managers outlining the details, while Paige remains indifferent and Camilla quietly seethes, already dreading the moths to come. Don't ge meeting came to an end and it was like music to Camilla's ears. She needed time to sit with her new reality. Paige and Camilla leave the restaurant together, maintaining the appearance of friendliness for the cameras outside. As soon as they're out of earshot of their management, the facade drops.
"I just want to be clear, I'm only doing this because I have to. Don't think for a second that I actually like you," Camilla snapped as the blonde's eyes widened before going back to their natural state. She tucked her hands in the pockets of her sp5der hoodie before nodding.
"Message received. Let's just get through this with as little drama as possible," she said still not caring too much about the whole ordeal.
"Easy for you to say," Milla sputters out.the women part ways, both feeling the weight of the upcoming charade but determined to make the best of a bad situation. The stage is set for their tumultuous journey from adversaries to something much more complicated.

Excuse all errors
Ajah 🫶🏽