Part 4- Lily's POV

The rest of us turned and gasped at Darien. I just about wanted to punch him then start crying. Ah, yes, that's exactly what I needed to hear in this life-altering moment. Mom and Dad got into his head too. Only difference is, I actually escaped and realized how bad it was. Even though I was a "good" kid in comparison to Lucy and Drew, or how they were spoken of, it still hurt. Yet, all that could come out of my mouth was "shut up, Darien."
          "Yeah, Darien, shut up," Lucy stepped in.
          "You had the nerve to say that after those same parents literally abandoned us on the Interstate when we were nine!? We were FUCKING NINE!" Drew raised his voice at Darien.
          Darien only got more defensive. "They changed their behavior with us, though. They were good to us, I can assure you. Drew, if you're gonna make a scene in the restaurant in front of everybody, just leave."
          Drew got angrier at him. "If you're gonna treat your sister like that without knowing the truth of what she's been through, maybe you need to leave!"
          "I do know the truth though! I've lived with her my whole life!"
          He has known me his whole life, but has never known me. While he was across from me dismissing his older siblings' experience of being abandoned on the side of the Interstate, he might as well be just like his mother. That's when I excused myself to the bathroom to cry. I didn't care if my food got cold.