Chapter 6

I was already at the library before four and I waited patiently for Riven. I still can't believe that I was his partner, I mean, he was just a normal guy but he was so cute and every time I looked into his brownish eyes, I felt lost in them.

 OMG, what am I thinking about? He was just a partner and maybe just a friend but nothing more than this.

So, as I said, I came earlier than the meeting time and as I walked over the rows containing the economics books, I remembered how stupid I was yesterday. I sat on the ground, the same place that Riven did and put my books in front.

'Ah, there you are! Why are you sitting on the ground? I thought you hated it!' said someone and as I bent forward, pass the wall, I was surprised to see Riven sitting on his feet.

 'I, uh, I was just, um, well I...' I replied, trying to find an excuse to that horrible lie I said yesterday.

 His face broke into the most gorgeous of smile as he said: ‘You’re really cute when you blush, you know?'

 Did he just said I was cute? Riven, the hottest guy of the school found that I was cute? Oh, I think I was having a dream. No, it wasn't a dream! Riven had indeed said that I was cute.

 He smirked at me as my cheeks were burning like fire. I think that he was appreciating my shyness in front of him.

 'Ahem! There exist chairs, you know?' said someone.

 Our eyes drifted to look at a long old man standing in front of us. His arms were crossed and his glasses bent down on his nose, making him look like a nerd.

 'Uh, yeah! Excuse us!' said Riven as he helped me to get up. Books were all scattered on the ground and I stumbled over them, falling on Riven.

 Fortunately, he was a strong guy and he caught me. I could feel his muscular arms around me. The nerd stared at us in disgust and whispered as we turned our backs: 'Youngsters nowadays, don't have any social respect for others!'

 I whirled my head around to look at him but Riven stopped me from saying something.

 We finally sat on a chair and he was opposite to me.

 'So let's get started!' he said, throwing at me his cutest smile. I was blushing and he knew it. Stupid cheeks!

 'Yeah and...thanks for catching me at that time!'

 His lips curved into a beautiful smile that could melt you inside, and said: 'You're welcome, sweety!'

 ***

 'Seriously, there was NO kiss??' shouted Meldy as we walked to our respective classes.

 'Meldy, please, stop it! I'm not going out with him, so it's normal that there was no kiss! Plus, we were in a library, not some sort of romantic places!'

 'Gosh, you're such a baby!'

 I shook my head and before we could enter our class, Kelly and her minions stopped us in our way.

 'What were you doing with Riv at the library yesterday?' she asked, throwing her devil glares at me.

 How could she possibly know that I was in the library with Riven? It was, as if she was spying on us. Meldy, who loathed Kelly, replied in a louder tone: 'It's not your problem, Blondie!'

 'Oh, and less of yours!' she said, crossing her arms against her chest. An 'Ouch' sound came out of the mouth of her friends.

 I could see that Meldy was trying hard not to strangle her to death.

 'Listen, you bitch...!' started Meldy. '...I know that you're jealous of Rosy because Riven likes her more than you. Or should I say that Riven doesn't like you at all because you're such an annoying pest!'

 I burst into giggles at the last line, surprising everyone. Kelly's mouth flopped open and said to me: ‘I’ll get you next time!’

 And on those last words, she turned her heels and walked away. Waiting for Kelly and her friends to be out of sight, I exclaimed: ‘That was amazing, Meldy!’

 ‘Oh gosh, how I hate her and her ‘bitchy’ manners!’ I slapped gently her arm and we both laughed so much that our bellies started aching.

 I didn’t know what I did to make Kelly react like this to me but Meldy was right, she was jealous of me. But, seriously, why? Riven was just a friend. It was not as if we were dating or something like that.

 Plus, you might find it ridiculous but…I’ve never gone out with a boy. I was always the shy girl, afraid of talking to boys. Well, my nature doesn’t help me at all.

 In my ex-school, I did have many friends but when it comes to boys, well, I'm…oh, I don’t know. I'm simply not myself.

 It did happen with Riven, the time I spilled my food over him. I didn’t have my mind set and rambled whatever comes in my head. For goodness sake, why am I like this??

 I wish I could have my first love story

 ***

 Packing up my books, I grabbed my bag and rushed outside. School was over and Brandon told me that he could not come to fetch me. Thus, I’ll have to walk.

 Damn it, I hate walking!!

 Meldy proposed me to drive me home but to be polite, I refused, even if I REALLY wanted her to drive me back.

 Saying goodbye, I walked slowly towards the gate of the school when suddenly, I felt a soft touch on my shoulder.

 ‘Would you like me to drive you back?’

 I turned round to see Riven standing in front of me with his yellow jersey and blue pants. I stared at him blankly and as my cheeks were turning pink (yeah, I know, I blush a lot), I stepped backwards and replied: ‘N-no thanks, it’s fine! I can walk! But how did you know that I was going home on foot?’

 ‘Well, I kind of...overheard your conversation earlier. You know, with that blond girl!’ he said, putting his hand into his bight blond hair which was sticking up at all angles. ‘Sorry!’

 ‘No, it’s Ok! So, I need to go now! Bye!’ I said, feeling ridiculous. But just as I was about to flee, Riven grabbed my wrist and said with his super cute puppy eyes focused on me: ‘Please, let me drive you back!’

 How could I not fall for these!?! Just a look in his eyes made me wanna jump over him. I must say that I never did have this kind of feeling before.

 That was weird! What was happening to me? I was metamorphosing or what? What did he do to me??

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so the tension between Rosy and Riven started to rise!! The next chapter will be much more funny and interesting than this one!

 Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks for reading.

Love you all ; )