Chapter 14

Just as his lips were nearly touching mine, he let out a soft chuckle and leaned backward. My eyes were still closed but when I opened them, Riven smirked at me. 'You wanted to kiss me back, right?'

 'W-what? No!' I replied innocently, biting my lower lip.

 'See, you're different from the others. If it were them, they would already jump over me, if you know what I mean...!' he said as his face broke into the most gorgeous of smiles.

 I laughed nervously and just at that moment, Aunt Jill opened the door and said: 'Ok, break a pause, my sweethearts!! Time for a dessert!'

 I gave her my best smile and we both entered the house. As we passed to the dining room, Lizzie shouted: 'Riven, look at my doll's hair!! I made it all by myself!'

 I nearly burst out laughing. Brandon was the doll of Lizzie and his hair was full of colorful beads.

 'Wow, you really are a pro, Brad!!' I said cunningly.

 'Oh come on, it's not that bad to be combed by a little girl, huh?'

 'I didn't say anything!' I said, waving up my hands. Riven tried his best to stop his sister while laughing. I grabbed this opportunity to escape to the kitchen.

 'Oh god, staying in the same room as Riven for more than five minutes is really tiresome!' I exclaimed, closing the door behind. I rested a few seconds on the spot and continued: 'Aunt Jill, I really don't know where I stand! Please I need help!'

 She removed some small dessert plates from the cupboard and smiled gently at me. ‘Rosy, can't you see that he likes you!'

 'No, that's impossible! I'm not pretty or whatever!' I replied, removing the delicious looking chocolate cake that Aunt Jill made, from the fridge.

 She stared at me for a moment and continued: 'Honey, I told you the other day that beauty is not what he is looking for. It is what is inside of you!' She placed her hand on her chest and smiled at me as she walked away.

 I sobbed hopelessly and my mind plunged into deep thoughts until someone knocked at the door. I opened it and Riven stood there with two plates of cake in his hands and a sexy smile playing on his face.

 I forced a smile and tried to articulate my words but he was faster than me. 'You weren't coming, so I brought your part!'

 How was I to react to this?

 He looked like an angel standing there, hoping for me to take the plate. I really wanted to jump over him and kiss him tenderly but then I realised that I didn't have the guts. I simply accepted the dessert and he entered the kitchen. He sat next to me and every time, he would glance at me to see whether I was eating or not.

 Seriously, every time that his brown eyes fell on me, I had goose bumps and I could feel the lump going up and down my throat.

 He burst out into giggles and said: 'Is it my effect on you that you're not eating or simply that you don't like it?'

 'What? No, nothing like that! I mean...'

 'Ok, I understand!' he exclaimed whilst giggling. 'I'll move onto the other side so you'll be able to eat without me disturbing you!'

 Damn, I felt so ridiculous. I wanted to hit my head against the wall for my clumsiness but that would result in losing my cool, which happened many times before though.

 Placing his bum comfortably on the opposite chair, he smiled at me, intertwining his fingers among them and his plate still full in front of him. I could feel the strain rising much more than before because this time, he gets to see me in the face!

 Riven, if you wanted to intimidate me, well it's done!! So stop it now!!

 ***

 Jill's POV

 'What are they talking about? I can't hear a thing!' whispered Brandon as he peeped from the kitchen's door.

 'Brad dear, I don't think they're talking much!' I replied, helping Lizzie to finish her piece of cake.

 But Brandon was more than stubborn. 'But their mouths are moving!'

 'That's because they're eating! Anyway, why do you care?'

 'Huh? Well, simply because I'm her older brother and she needs to be protected!'

 I sighed. He finally gave it a rest when the phone rang. 'I'll get it!' he alleged me. 'Hello? Ah, it's you, big buddy! Long time no talking! Oh, cool! K, bye!'

 'Who was that?' I asked questioningly.

 He gave me a wicked smile and said: 'It's Gabe and he's coming tomorrow morning, along with his friend. He was asking for a stay and I told him yes.'

 'Oh great! But...you know the little misunderstanding between Justin and Rosy!'

 Brandon shrugged and walked away. He came back later with loads of teddy bears in his hands. According to me, those toys belong to Rosy and if she'd knew that he took her precious babies, as she calls them, she'll be dead furious.

 ***

 Rosy's POV

 The situation becoming much tensed, I nearly finished my dessert. We haven’t exchange a single word. Now the crucial question: should I wait for him to finish or should I wake up and wash my plate in the mean time?

 Gosh, if I waited for him, I’ll contemplate him and I’ll fall more in love with him but if I stand up, that would be quite rude since he is a guest.

 I guess, after all, that I’ll opt for the first one. Thinking hard in my mind, I finally found a topic of discussion, I mean, I did my best. ‘So Riven, what do you think of Meldy?’ I asked, sweating hard.

 His eyebrows shot up like fireworks and his face gave an expression of surprise and deception. He faked a smile and replied, after swallowing his last bite: ‘Oh, I don’t know, she’s a good friend!’

 ‘Oh...!’

 That’s all? THAT IS ALL?? I mean, seriously, he could have continued the conversation!!

 I guess that he read my mind. ‘Ok, so can we talk about you now?’

 Huh! I flushed at hearing his question. It was quite unexpected. Riven Parker wanted to talk about me. ME!! What should I say? Reply, Rose!!!

 ‘Uh, sure! But what do you want to know about me? I mean, I'm just a normal girl and...’

 ‘That is why I want to know you more. Like I said earlier, you aren’t like the other cheetahs. You're worth more than ‘em!’ he said as his mouth quirks up into a smile.

 This time, the butterflies in my stomach started revolting like crazy and were trying every possible way to get out. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath. No one ever said such sweet and romantic words to me before. I felt, for the first time in my life, really special and I had a feeling that he meant it!

 Aunt Jill, you were so right! He likes me...

-----------------------------------------------

 Hey guys, sorry for my late update again, was so so busy with school and the exams.

 Anyway, new characters getting in the story as from the next chapter and I’ll edit the casting. Hope you enjoy.

 Please vote and comment. Thank you.

 Love you all...