AsaNoya - LiberoLove pt. 1 [Angst]

Story cr: Kannari Neo

⚠️Unrequited love⚠️

________________________________________________________________________________

Nishinoya finds himself staring yet again. It was the third time that week when he was mesmerized by the image of Asahi jumping up in a wonderful position and slamming the ball that was set to him in the opposite court. Nowadays, volleyball practice has been Nishinoya either receiving Asahi's spikes and serves or marveling at them. His spikes were so clean and perfect; he was worthy of being the ace of the formidable opponent, Karasuno. And Nishinoya simply stared in a hypnotic daze. At first, he thought it was just him wanting to catch his powerful spikes. After all, a libero can recognize a worthy and admirable opponent when he sees one. If he managed to do that then Asahi would acknowledge his strength and allow him to defend his back without worry. 

That was all it was supposed to be...

As cool as Asahi looked on the court, he was still a massive wimp in reality. Nishinoya sighed as the ace had gotten frightened by a bug circling him. "Ugh, Asahi san, please pull yourself together, the libero scolds, "I mean, you look so cool when you spike!" 

Daichi, Suga, and Tanaka who were talking nearby, had also turned their heads to look at the two talk. Nishinoya was naturally loud and energetic. Maybe that is why scolding was second nature to him. "Stop, getting so scared over a bug!" he frowned and looked at Asahi as if he were a child. He then pinches the bug between two fingers effectively killing it. "Ah, sorry... it just came out of nowhere," Asahi bends down and rubs the back of his head nervously. Despite looking scary and older than an average third-year, the ace was a bit of a scared cat and what one would consider uncool off the court. 

"Nishinoya's lecturing him again?" Suga grins, looking between the two. "Well, it is Asahi after all..." Daichi sighs but smiles too. 

"Come on- there are plenty of bugs everywhere," Nishinoya continues and flicks the dead bug out of his hand. He thinks deeply about Asahi and how he tends to act around despite graduating soon. 

When Asahi san is on the court, he is a cool reliable ace of the team. But off the court, he is such a coward and unexpectantly lacking in some areas, even though he is supposed to be my senior.

"Nishinoya, you're always so cool!" Asahi smiles a bit, praising the libero for being able to do something he couldn't. The big ace did not mind that he was scolded a lot by the second year, rather he took it as inspiration to better himself. Nishinoya flushes at his words, his face turning red as a tomato. 

He shakes his head to get rid of the embarrassment and continues to lecture the Asahi. "Asahi san, you're cool on the court! That's why when off the court, you should also..." 

He never gets angry at me, a cheeky underclassman, and always listens to what I have to say. 

"Yeah, you're right," Asahi smiles and rubs his neck in embarrassment. Nishinoya admires the earnest look on his face as if he were always paying attention to him and everything he has to say, even if it is to bicker or scold him. Daichi calls upon everyone to gather around after practice and they end their conversation there.