𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐀𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐒, the Wescott family estate stood, a large brown house covered in ivy from head to toe.
The large white front door was open wide, awaiting the family members to leave the house through it.

If one was to listen closely to the rummaging within, one could make out faint heavings and huffings coming from different parts of the
house.
The foyer, with white and green walls, echoed the sounds of the upstairs bedrooms which one could hear throughout the entire building.

Right there in the middle The Viscount Wescott and his heir James were standing, impatiently waiting for the women of the family to come down the stairs.

While the younger man was pacing back and forth, muttering his distaste for social events, the father stood firmly at the end of the grand staircase battling with himself to not fall asleep at once.

"Why on earth are they taking so long?", James inquired as he kept walking from one wall to the other. The viscount let out a deep breath, crossing his arms while doing so.

"You can be lucky to have been born a man, otherwise it would be you up there getting pressed into a corset, young man", George Wescott answered," and stop pacing like a mad man at once!"

That made James stand still.

Due to the lack of loud footsteps, the Wescott men were able to clearly hear their family shoutings at one another.

"Tighten it more!" Augustine.

"I have to breathe, mother!" Elisabeth.

"What good is breathing, if your waist looks like that!"

"Can we please finally go?" Adelaide.

The father and son shared looks of despair, staring to question their sanity if they had to wait any longer. But, to their luck, footsteps from atop the stairs could be heard, as Adelaide cautiously made her way downstairs.

She was dressed in a long white and glittery dress with short puffy sleeves, which wavered slightly in the wind. Her dark brown hair was neatly tucked into a lower bun, decorated with white flowers.
Whilst her appearance was ethereal, her face wore a sour face as if she had never had a happy day in her life.

Once he saw his twin, a small smirk made its way on his face. Before he could come up with a quick remark or a laugh, his sister held out her arm and hushed him with a pointed finger.

"Do not say a word. I already feel like stick of glitter."

The older brother mustered a quick cough to attempt to hide his amusement for his sister's sake and gave her a quick nod.
With a swift motion he moved to the side to make way for his father, who was walking up to his eldest daughter. Giving her a look of reassurance, he held out his arm for her to take which she quickly did and whispered to her with a smile:
" You look beautiful, love, a bit too shiny but surely a beauty."

Adelaide shoved him slightly in the side, not able to stop the smile that was appearing on her lips.

"I am quite surprised it all stays on, with the amount that is on my dress, the entire hall would be covered in shiny little pearls."

"Oh stop it, it is a fine dress for a well, fine lady.", her mother scolded, transcending the stairs in an elegant blue gown.

Augustine Wescott was the essence of elegant, at all times holding her perfect posture, while of course scolding each on of her family if they, in her eyes, misbehaved.

Looking over her shoulder, the viscountess was expecting to see her youngest right behind her, though not a soul had followed her downstairs.

"Is she still getting ready?", both the twins exclaimed, a quick glance of disgust shared among the two.