𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, Adelaide was met with shrill shrieks coming out of her sisters mouth, who was pacing the floors of the drawing room.

Unknowing to the older sister, Elisabeth had just read the newst town gossip and had thrown a fit over Whistledown's foul words for the entirety of Adelaid's absence.

"This 'Lady Whistledown' character is a disgrace! How could anyone with their sanity intact write something outrageous like this?", the youngest Wescott hollered.

Stopping her sister pacing, Adelaide ripped the paper from her sister's hands, curious to what the mysterious Lady had written. 
Reading the gossip sheet, her eyes made a stop as she saw the Bridgerton family mentioned. Surely, there was nothing all too bad one could have said about them.
They were an orderly family in Adelaide's opinion, so why would she write about them?

Loathes the fact they've been named alphabetically...

The Wescott girl had found it quite strange at the start as well, but she had grown fond of the idea.

...a diamond of first water.

A diamond.

Adelaide wasn't suprised that Daphne was praised in such glorious ways, her perfomance had truly been impaccable. Although she couldn't help to feel a tiny bit jealous, as the Queen had adressed the both of them. Maybe this was a blessing, Adelaide hadn't planned to wed this season anyhow, she simply intended to enter society and attend the balls of the season.
Continuing with her reading, Adeliade skipped over the part about the Featherington's slightly, not being fond of the family herself, well except for Penelope, so she didn't care what was said about them really.

And then there's the Viscount family Wescott,

oh dear.

an honorable family,

good start.

yearning for perfection without fail, though a certain Elisabeth Wescott had made plans otherwise.

oh no.

The youngest Wescott seemed to at all time make an effort to present herself as an eligable, elegant young lady, much like her mother when she was her age. Though much to the mother's dismay, young Elisabeth ruined her chance to present herself as such, taking  a tumble while persumaly looking at herself for to long in the mirror next to her Majesty. Only whispers now tell of the self-absorbed girl, taking her family expectations for her to the floor with her.

cruel. a tiny bit funny. but cruel. cruel.

Although whispers about a second diamond have made their way to my very ears.

second?

This writer has to admit that Her Majesties words to Adelaide Wescott were chosen rightfully, it seems as if Lady Wescott's endless lessons hadn't been for nothing, the young lady shone like a bright star making her debut.

no, no, no

Though a diamond might not be the right stone for a girl as unique as Adelaide might appear...

might? rude.

An emerald shining bright as herself, will surely attract suiters wherver she might go, let's hope there will still be some left for our diamond as well.