*~Chapter Three~*

8/29/04

A/N
(DO NOT DO WHAT THESE CHARACTERS DO IF YOU ARE UNDERAGE, THESE ACTIONS SHOULD NOT BE REPEATED IN REAL LIFE.
WE DO NOT CONDONE UNDERAGE SMOKING OR DRINKING THIS STORY IS PURELY FICTION AND SHOULD NOT BE REPEATED BUT IF YOU DO, PLEASE DO IT RESPONSIBLY AND DO NOT DRINK OR SMOKE UNDERAGE. WE REPEAT WE DO NOT CONDONE UNDERAGE SMOKING OR DRINKING OF ANY SORTS)

*DD*

POV_Zeke_

*I know I just met this kid, but I already hate this dude*. Rachel and I climb into the booth first as the Russian takes a seat next to me and Iris sits across from him with hunter sitting next to her, lastly Zach sits across from hunter and Molly and faith sit at the end of the booth sitting across from each other.
We sit down as hunter explains the menu to River as everyone else just waits for the waitress.

River looks around the diner as he sees a bulletin board near the door, and he sees a missing person poster and looks over at the group and asks "what's with that poster" as he squints at it to read the name "Sandy Pitcher?".

Everyone looks at him and go silent, a couple seconds of silence passes before Rachel decides to speak up "Sandy went to school with us and she went missing last month...". River perks up as she says this as if he was intrigued by this new found information, "Did they, ya know find her?" River ask. The group looks at each other once more then back at River, "No. They haven't found anybody actually." Zach states. "Anybody? There's been more than one?" River ask, "Yeah, five to be exact. That is including Sandy." Molly says, the group goes quiet for a moment until I say "yeah a new kid goes missing each month Sandy being the most recent one" I pause before continuing "hopefully the next ones you..." I say referring to River.

Hunter glares over at me, "That's not funny Zeke. These kids could be dead and you're making jokes about it." he rolls his eyes as I just shrug. River looks at me with a small smirk before speaking up, "You seem not to like me very much, Zeke. Why is that?" he says condescendingly with that stupid smirk of his.

"I just don't like you, you're annoying." I say with a scoff, which only seems to fuel his amusement. "You haven't even really talked to me though." River says, his smirk turning into a sly smile which only annoys me even further. "I don't have to, I can already tell that you're a little bitc-" I get cut off by Faith, "Anyways River do you know what you want to eat, the waitress will come over when you're ready so take your time". she says giving me a warning glare.

POV_River_

*I can't bring myself to stop thinking about the missing poster, and how apparently kids go missing every month, but why it, doesn't add up, why every month and why is it only kids.* I look over at Faith and nod a little to answer her question.

She turns back to look at Molly to continue their conversation, as a 50 something year old lady whose wearing a uniform and a name tag that says "Jackie" walks over to the table with a pen and notepad in hand. "Now what are you kids doing here so early when schools still in session?" the lady says in a thick southren accent, "Oh hey Mrs.Jackie." Hunter says to her as Rachel speaks up "Our teacher got sick and we got the rest of the period free.". 

*Huh, I guess they come here a lot then* Jackie looks over at me then says "Now who might this be? I don't think I've seen you around town before.". "Oh, that's my cousin River. He came down here to live with me and my parents." Hunter states as Jackie nods and smiles warmly at me, "Well it's very nice to meet you River." She looks at everyone with a smile as she writes on her notepad already knowing what the group of friends wants before looking up at River. "And what would you like Young Man" she says with a sweet grin as she waits for my response, "um...I'd like a burger and fries I guess", "and to drink?" Jackie asks. I think for a minute before saying "Coke?".

Jackie writes down my order and goes through a door behind the counter, *I guess that's the kitchen..?*.

TIME SKIP: TO AFTER THEY GOT THEIR FOOD AND FINISHED EATING/

POV_Hunter_

*Zeke is starting to get on my nerves with these comments of his, I mean I get that he doesn't like new people and that he has trust issues and all but why does he have to be a dick about it...he's starting to piss me off* I keep my eye on Zeke and he Is glaring at River, as River leans back in his spot and pulls a joint out of nowhere and smokes it. Iris is the first to see it and kind of shouts "River, where on earth did you get that and second you shouldm't be doing that in here Mrs.Jackie doesn't Condone smoking. Especially if you're still a kid...." River looks at Iris as I roll my eyes having had expecting him to eventually do it. River says "It's fine she won't notice", Zeke looks at River like he's an idiot and grumbles "Are you stupid she'll smell it dumbass...", and Zach looks confused as he asks "where'd you even pull that out from?". River grins as I shake my head and Molly says enthusiastically "Got another one?".

Faith looks at Molly as if she hadn't expected her to ask that, And River is just as shocked as he looks at Rachel as if silently asking if she's serious, Rachel looks back at River and gives him a nod. River then looks at Molly and shrugs and says "why you want one?".

Molly grins and nods saying "Hell yeah, I need it I have a test tomorrow and I'm stressin", River grins as he hands Molly a joint. I shake my head and look at Zach across the table and he nods at me before I say "Yeah we can't do this in here, lets just go to the back alley..."

TIME SKIP: TO AFTER THEY GOT OUTSIDE/

POV_Iris_

River, Molly, Faith, Rachel, and Zeke start to smoke as Hunter, Zach, and I stand to the side over by one of the walls in the alley. River looks over at me with that same smirk from earlier and walks over *What the heck does he want? And again, what's with that look?*. "Do you not smoke or something?" he ask looking down at me, "No, not really. Why?" I say a bit confused on why he was asking me this. He Shrugs "Just wondering I mean you don't look like the type to smoke so just wondering if you do or not.", "Okay...?" I say as I have a semi confused look on my face. He laughs and walks back over and stands next to Zeke who looks like he's on cloud nine right now.

A while passes and River, Molly and Zeke have reached a point were you can tell their high, Molly is leaning against Faith as she has her arm wrapped around faiths neck and faith holds her up by her waist. I look over at Zeke who is laying on the ground like a starfish, that's when I noticed that River isn't over there anymore.

I look around and can't seem to find him, I nudge Hunter and ask "Where's River?". He looks around then sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose "Not again." he says quietly. I give him a confused stare, he looks down at me and just says "Follow me." in an annoyed tone. I do and walk with him around the corner to a dumpster, soon followed by the rest of the group. Hunter walks up to the dumpster and opens the lid and looks in, rolling his eyes at what he saw.

The rest of group go to see what it was, when I looked in I almost busted out into laughter. It was River, Hunter pulls him out and hits the back of his head. "Anyone gonna explain why the hell River was in the trash?" Rachel asks, Hunter sighs and says "He does that when he gets high sometimes...", Molly laughs still leaning on faith as she says "River's a dumpster diver?!" she says with amused excitment. Me and Faith look at each other and both say in unison "DD!"