ONE

Ch. 1

"Luca's fucking Simmons"

I looked up and saw Sammuel looking down at me. Furry flashing through his eyes.

"What the fuck did you tell Coach Wess" he growled, grabbing the collar of my shirt.

I closed my eyes before asking, "what do you mean?"

"Don't act so fucking innocent! You fucking got me kick off of the team!" he growled, slamming me on the floor.

"W-what? No I didn't do anything!"

"Sure you don't! So you didn't tell him I made fun of you for being gay?" he growled, holding me up by my hair, forcing me to look at him.

"N-no I swear" I stutterd, closing my eyes.

"Opening you're fucking eyes! I'm going to make you regret that shit" he yelled, slamming me on the floor and throwing a punch on my head.

***

"Lucas, wake up!" I heard my sister yell.

"Okay okay!" I yelled back, heading to the shower to wash up. God, I had another nightmare about that day. The day that started it all. I remember that day so vividly as if it had happened yesterday, but it happened over a year ago. That day Sammuel, the most well known football player, blamed me for getting him kicked off of the football team. He's always bullied me for being gay since its discusting to be in the same school as a "fag", but ever since that day it has gotten worse. I've come home with many bruises or cuts scattered along my body or face.

I finished up my shower and went to get dressed. I decided on a basic sweater and some baggy jeans. I fixed my hair in the mirror and quickly headed down stairs, grabbing an apple for breakfast and kissing my mother goodbye. My mom knows that I'm gay and is completely fine with it. What she doesn't know is the bullying going on because of that, but I would rather not tell her. I can't let her have more stress than she already has. My mom had long hours of work to provide for me and my older sister. Because of that I decided to get a job to help support my mother.

"Lucas, we're here. Are you sure you'll be okay?" My sister asked, she knows about the bullying going on but knows its best to not tell our mom.

"Yeah, go enjoy your last year here, I'll be okay" I say with a smile, opening the door. My sister's a senior whilst I'm still a junior. She had enough worries as the valedictorian so I didn't want to add more as her younger brother that's being bullied.

"Okay, I love you. Please be safe and tell me if anything is wrong" she says, kissing my cheek and heading to her class.

I looked up above the doors and the words "Riverwest High School" also known as hell read out. I quickly made my way to my locker hoping Sammuel wouldn't bother me, but knowing him he'd take any chance to bully me. I hung my head low, heading to my locker not wanting to be all sore today.

"Hey Lucas!" a high pitched voice called out.

I looked up and saw Rose, my best friend.

"Rose," I said, smiling.

"Don't worry Sammuel and his friends aren't here today. Clark told me they're skipping today" Rose said, I breathed out a sigh of relief. Rose is Clark's sister and Clark is Sammuel's friend.

"Okay I'm about to head to English." I said, walking besides her.

"Okay I'll see you later then" I say, parting ways and heading to my class.

I'm thankful today that I won't have to look over my shoulder to see if a fist is coming my way or not. I enter the class and my teacher, Ms. Katz, bidded me a good morning. I headed to the back of the class as usual and laid my head down, closing my eyes and soon enough I fell asleep.