THREE

Ch. 3

"Lucas, please have a seat" My teacher started.

I nodded, sitting down next to Samuel. He still had an annoyed expression on his face, what's his deal?

"So, Lucas, I figured out a way for you to make up for the amount of absences you have," my teacher smiled.

"Okay what is it?" I asked.

"You can tutor Samuel!" She said, with a smile.

"What?" I asked, standing up a bit.

"Lucas, sit down." The football coach commanded. I quickly sat down.

"Why do I need to help him?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because he's failing my class and Coach Brown is threatening me to raise his grade otherwise I'll get fired." she sighed, "and you're the smartest one in my class"

"I am not threatening you, I just need Samuel to stay on the team because he's one of the best!"

"Whatever. Lucas please I know you two don't get along, but please" Ms. Chapman begged.

I looked back at Samuel and saw he didn't voice his disapproval but looked really annoyed.

"If I do this, I'll get all my absences excused right?" I asked.

"Not all but most for sure" Ms. Chapman nodded.

"Fine," I said, grumbling a bit. I hated Samuel but I knew I had to do it otherwise I'd get suspended.

"Great! You can start today at either one of your guy's houses" Ms. Chapman said, handing Samuel and I a textbook and question sheets.

"Lucas, you'll teach Samuel the material and ask him to answer the questions." she said, gesturing to the papers and books. I nodded.

"Okay well we'll leave you guys now. And Samuel I expect you to at least get a passing grade in this class in order for you to stay on the team" Coach Brown said.

"Okay" he grumbled.

After Ms. Chapman and Coach Brown talked with Samuel, we were finally alone.

"Look, I'm only doing this because I need a better grade," he scuffed. I nodded.

"My house or yours?" He asked.

"Y-yours" I stutterd.

He nodded, gesturing to me to follow him. As we exited I saw a black car Porsche, must've been his since his parents are filthy rich. I texted Mia about me staying with Samuel to tutor him.

   Lucas: Mia I'm gonna go to a friends house to help him study

   Mia: Okay who is it and when will you get home?

   Lucas: Uhm maybe around 5pm and it's Samuel...

   Mia: Samuel?! Lucas, are you sure? Is he forcing you or...?

   Lucas: No! He isn't forcing me. I have to help him study because Ms. Chapman said she'd excuse most of my absences if I did it. And because the coach really wants him to stay on the team

   Mia: oh okay... well I have to go please be safe and do you need me to pick you up or drop you off?

   Lucas: No it's okay. I have to go. I'll see you at home. Bye, love you !

   Mia: bye Lucas I love you

"We're here." He said. I looked up and saw a large house, almost 10x bigger than mine. He gestured for me to follow and I quickly did, making sure not to leave him.