Chapter twenty eight

"Hogarth. Hogarth....."
Hogarth was hearing voices then he woke up in his bed, Robin by his side shaking his shoulder. He was glad to see her right now.

"Robin"-
"Shh. Kent's on the phone. Listen." Kent was in the hallway talking on the phone.
"Yes sir. This thing is real, sir. I not only have incontrovertible evidence general. I know where it's hidden. I don't know who built it but it's here. It's massive and we're running out of time."

"Come on, follow me, Robin."
Hogarth and Robin got off the bed and Listens to Kent talking.
"There's no doubt we should act. The only question sir is, can you afford not to? Excellent, sir. You won't regret it. Thank you sir."
He hangs up the phone.

Robin gasped.
"Hogarth, how does Kent know about Giant?", she whispered.
"I'm sorry, Robin, but I had to tell where Giant is. He was going to take me away from you and mom if I didn't."
"Well we have to stop him. Don't you have a plan?"
"I do trust me."

Hogarth and Robin hides behind the bedroom door. They tried to escape but were blocked by Kent.
"The army arrives in the morning, Hogarth, Robin. Don't get cute."
"Oh, I'll show you cute," Robin said getting into Kent's space, but Hogarth pulls her back.
He and Robin glared angrily at Kent as they backed into their room and they close the door.

"Robin, we gotta warn Dean."
"Yes, in fast too. Let's go out the bedroom window."
They run to their bedroom window and tried to open it, but it's nailed shut thanks to Kent.
"Rats," Robin hissed.
Kent opened the door and glared at the kids, who returned the glare back.
"I'll be watching you, Hogarth, Robin."

He sits on Annie's bed with a cocky smile.
Hogarth and Robin go to Hogarth's bed while they continued glaring at him. Springer stared  at Kent as well as he sat on Robin's shoulder. Hogarth puts on his army helmet and slid on his goggles to hide his eyes from Kent. Robin got out Hogarth's toy gun and aimed it at Kent.

Kent smiled evilly as the kids glared at him. The staring went on for hours, but as time went by Kent grows tired and so did Hogarth and Robin. The kids appeared to have fallen asleep, but with Springer still staring at Kent. Kent smiled at this and looks at his watch, and eventually falls asleep.

The next morning, Kent wakes up to look at Hogarth's bed. He smiles when he thought that Hogarth and Robin are still asleep, but suddenly, he saw the kids walks past.
"Morning Kent", Hogarth said.

Gasping, Kent walked into Hogarth and Robin's bedroom. He pulls the bedsheets out only found pillows, the helmet, and Springer inside the helmet. He looked up at Kent and croaked.
"Ahh, it's just that stupid frog", Kent groaned.
"Those brats tricked me."

Little did Kent knew was that while he fell asleep, Hogarth and Robin faked sleeping and got out of bed to call Dean to warn him about Kent finding out about where Giant was.  Robin placed her frog with the helmet on in the bed, to create a decoy to make Kent think that Hogarth and Robin were still asleep.

They outsmarted the man very well, may I ask.