𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚜

•    WEREWOLVES
    ◦    MUTTS

CAUSE: There are three ways to become a werewolf in this universe. The first being the most obvious, being born one. Werewolves are born into a tribe, each tribe being slightly different in appearance as well as culturally. The second way being a potion, while rare, few still have these potent potions and their reversal, seems to be nonexistent. These potions are so old, mostly everyone alive has no idea what's in it. A high enough dosage may also kill someone.  The third being a bite from a werewolf. While only working when a wolf is in their form, their saliva is similar to the potion, permanently turning someone into a wolf or if it is severe enough, killing them.

APPEARANCE: always varying, there are some similarities. Human appearances are dependent on what region their live on, as are their wolf forms. However, there is a basic standard. Werewolves are four legged in their wolf form, they're about five feet tall at their shoulders. Their coloring is dependent on the region. (Ie the southern wolf tribe is a light brown and white color) their teeth are a couple of inches long along with their claws. Eye color is also varying (the southern Wolfe tribe having a yellowish car). They're very strong, while they're faster than humans, compared to other occult they're slow (especially when compared to Meif'was and shadow knights)

PERSONALITY: Werewolves overall are friendly within their tribe. While there is a hierarchy system, they still care about each other. Toward outsiders, werewolves are an unfriendly species in general. However, they're very caring toward their young and probably spend the most time with them compared to humans especially and other occults. They value teaching and tradition, passing down everything they can to their young. While they don't act the most joyful, doesn't mean they aren't joyful - they just mask a lot of emotion. 

LOCATION: They're located in every region it seems, in variation. Ru'aun has probably the largest amount of wolf tribes compared to the others. They're considered higher class in Ru'aun compared to their Tu'La region counterparts. Mostly in the rockier and colder regions of a place.

CULTURE: culture is also similar between tribes, they value hunting, nature and being a community. They value guiding their children and eating large meals together as a community. They have fires together and ceremonies. Birth of a pup is also a very important moment which involves many ceremonies. While it is a male dominated society, some women still have a large influence with tribe. However, women will have one partner while men seem to have multiple. They're pretty accepting of same sex couples. (As are most of the occult)

FIGHTING: in their human forms, they do hand to hand combat. Though sometimes having daggers or spears with them. In their wolf forms, anything goes. Claws, teeth - anyway they can harm someone or something is done. When hunting, these use weapons on small prey like rabbits however, they hunt big game in their wolf forms.

WEAPONS: daggers, spears

LORE: werewolves as mentioned are big doers (no pun intended) of polygamy. While they'll have one spouse, sleeping with others is pretty okay. The more wives you have, the higher status in the pack you have. They have longer life spans compared to humans, usually outliving them by 10 - 15 years. Marriage is usually done in their late teens and a big feast will follow, depending on their status in the rank will decrease or increase the quality, amount of food and guests as well as how many days it goes on for. This is the same for ceremonies for when pups are born as well birthdays. High ranking pack members receive quite large birthday celebrations. Funerals are also large events depending on the ranking of individuals. However, wolves in the Tu'La region bury their culture. Barely turning into their form - they try to mask themselves within the region to not be sensed by Meif'was. Werewolves are low class citizens over there and can be and will be executed if found.