That night ~

Krist was looking at the outside of the window. It was raining heavily. He was numb. A lot of thoughts were coming to his mind. He doesn't know what to do.

He's just a 10 year old little boy !

He was recalling the moments with his parents of days ago. He just can't believe those days are no more!

Flashback:

"What do you want Kit ? A brother or a Sister?", Mrs. Thecha-apaikhun asked.

"Sister Mae"

Mae laughed," But you already have Mook ! She's your cousin but nothing different than your own sister".

"I still want a sister", Krist pouted.

"Haha okay okay", beautiful Mae smiled.

A 7 year old girl came running and hugged her.

"Oi Aunty! You look so cute with this baby bump . I can't wait to play with the baby ".

Mae hugged her back ,"You are a sweet talker Mook, but it's just 4 months . You have to wait a lot to play with the baby".

"I've already decided which toys I'll give to my baby brother", Mook smiled.

"Huh? Why do you think it will be a brother not a sister?", Mae asked.

"Because I want a brother".

"Oh no Mook, you already have a brother but you still want one. You and Krist are just same", Mae giggled .

"I'll be happy no matter if it's a brother or Sister aunty. I just can't wait to hold them".

"So sweet of you Mook, same for me. That's why I didn't test. Just a healthy kid is all I want", Mae ruffled Mook's hair.

Krist said being annoyed, "I'll not play with it if it's not a sister. I don't want a stubborn little brother "

"And what if he's just like our Mighty Krist ?", Phor came and picked Krist on his lap.

" Then I'll think about it", Krist said like a wise person.

Everyone laughed at it

Flashback end :

Krist was listening to the raining sound through the hospital's window. He loves rain. But today the sound is not soothing. And he's not sure if this sound will ever be soothing to him again!

"You are Krist right? Please come with me. Your mom wants to see you", a nurse called him.

Krist looked at her with tiring eyes.

It feels like yesterday they used to have happy chit chat about the upcoming family member but everything is gone.

Phor took Mae for a check up. Mae's delivery date was near .

That day was rainy too. Phor lost the control of the car due to heavy rain and the car collided with a truck. Phor was dead on spot. But they took Mae to hospital immediately.

She was in a critical situation. There was a huge doubt that the baby and mother will be safe together. Krist probably already knows what's going to happen but doesn't want to accept it.

He already knows he got a baby brother. If the situation was different he would like to sulk. But now he feels nothing. His familiar beloved people will not be there anymore but a new comer !

As soon as Krist entered the room Mrs. Thecha-apaikhun started crying. Krist hugged her but stayed silent. After a few minutes she gave a little cottonball to him.

Krist tried to hold him as careful as possible. Hmm, the kid is pretty chubby. That's why mae's tummy was so big. But he's soft and a white ball. He looks so innocent . Of course he's not aware of the situation. Krist wants to sulk at the baby but instead he kissed the bald head of him.

"Krist, I know, it will be so stupid of me if I ask a toddler to raise a baby but still ...... I'm... I'm giving this baby to you. Please... take care of him, protect...him. I love you...so much,son", Mae was sobbing.

6 months later ~

Krist was walking while holding the baby . He's still chubby. A bit heavy.

6 months ago when Mae left them this kid was crying. Krist wanted to cry but couldn't. He just thought, this kid doesn't even know Mae, probably crying for hunger. The pain Krist is feeling now something the baby will never feel.

He was jealous of the kid , who doesn't even know what's actually going in their life.

When Mae died there was a lady who gave birth to a son but couldn't save him. So the lady took Krist's brother with her and offered her own milk for him. Krist also followed her as he didn't want to stay away from the baby. He promised Mae, he will take care of him. The lady was also kind , she didn't have a heart to leave a 10 year old boy either. She knows they have a family but when they didn't even contact them she got how they will be treated after that.

But now Krist is walking to home again. In this 6 months the lady took care of them just like a mother but now she's gone too. Everything was fine, just a fever of 7 days took away her life. She had nobody else.

It was a short time but still her importance in their life is a lot. She not only gave milk but also named this Baby .

The nickname is also cute "New"!

Their uncle and aunt didn't contact but Mook called everyday. Today she's happy that the baby is coming home. That's why Krist is a bit relaxed. He and Mook are also just kids but together they can take care of him.

As soon as he entered their house Mook came running to them and took the baby from him.

"OMG he's so cute ", Mook was happy.

"He's heavy" , Krist complained .

"Then give him to me", Mook kissed both cheeks of New.

"No , Mae gave him to me. He's mine", Krist claimed.

"You didn't want a brother so baby is mine", Mook was ready to run with the baby when a voice stopped them.

"What are you doing here ? Why did you bring him ?", Aunty asked in an annoyed voice.

After a few moments Krist replied,"Cause this is my house, his house".

"Ohhhh look at this little kid, can't even talk properly but claiming his house already! Listen carefully, I can't take the responsibility of your brother. Never ask me anything for this ugly kid ", aunty said in a mood but deep down she admitted the kid isn't ugly but the most beautiful smiley baby she has ever seen !

 Never ask me anything for this ugly kid ", aunty said in a mood but deep down she admitted the kid isn't ugly but the most beautiful smiley baby she has ever seen !

........................................................................

So how was the first chapter?? Please let me know 🥹💙.

Don't forget to hit the vote button if you like it.

See you in the next chapter .