Getting Experience

Narrators POV

Jin-Woo and Aki were back at the hospital the next day. Jin-Woo wanted to keep a close eye on his younger boyfriend so the bathroom incident wouldn't happen again. "I feel as if she will open her eyes at any moment... this is so surreal..." Aki didn't know what to say, so he simply offered his comfort which Jin-Woo took happily.

Eternal slumber.

An illness that made itself known after the appearances of dungeons. Jin-Woo's mother acquired this illness... as of now, there is no cure. "Mom," Jin-Woo started, "I'll save you, I promise." Aki grabbed a hold of his hand, leaning against him.

After a few more moments, the two decided to leave but they were met with someone waiting for them outside the hospital room. "Mr. Woo?" Aki said softly.

"Were you two the ones who killed all the monsters in the double dungeon?" Jin-Woo looked down at Aki, his free hand shoved into his pocket. "I thought I had an eye for seeking out talent, but you, Jin-Woo, proved me wrong." The couple both knew the reason he didn't include Aki in that sentiment, it was because he was always a talented person.

Jin-Woo smirked, putting his arm around Aki's neck. "It seems we just keep walking into each other, Mr. Woo."

"The main thing about my job is to watch over hunters, not fight monsters. We keep an eye on hunters who break the law." He said vaguely.

Aki narrowed his eyes, his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you saying we broke the law somehow?" He let out a groan, his voice low, "I suggest you make a point of this conversation."

Jin-Woo was also getting agitated, he didn't want to hear what Mr. Woo had to say. "I don't want to get involved with you."

"Our existence is the only thing that keeps hunters in check." Mr. Woo looked at the couple through his dark sunglasses. "That being said, we can't do much against an S-Rank Hunter." He held out his hand, "there's someone who would like to see you two."

Aki raised an eyebrow, he was ready to go home. "Who?"

"The chairman of the Hunter's Association, Go Gunhee." He then turned his held out hand in the opposite direction, "he's here to see you two."

The three walked down the hall, a man with grey hair had a smile on his face and an aura of strength surrounded him. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Sung and Mr. Senon." He held out a hand for either of them to shake.

Aki went to take his hand, but Jin-Woo softly pushed it out of the way and shook it instead. Go Gunhee raised a brow at this, but said nothing about it. "Let's have a chat, hm?"

Even though he was over 80, he didn't look like he was. His body was well built like a young person, but the scars that littered his hands were a dead giveaway that he was in numerous battles. He wasn't to be taken lightly of.

What a strong man, kekeke...

Aki seemed to forget the voice in his head, but decided not to acknowledge it. They were now in a room, the couple sat on a couch in front of Go Gunhee. "To start things off, some congratulations for you both on becoming S-Ranks."

Aki bowed a bit, he knew Go Gunhee because him and his father were sort of friends. "Thank you, sir. But we still have to be reevaluated so it's not certain that we are S-Ranks."

The older man waved a dismissive hand, a small smile on his face. "Hah... the mana meter simply breaks down the evaluation results. If you exceed its levels, it can't measure it properly. If that was the case, you both would've shown up as SS-Rank or SSS-Rank."

Aki furrowed his brows, he didn't know that. Did his father possibly know? "I... see."

Of course a simple man-made machine can't evaluate you two... imbeciles.