☀️ Seth☀️ conflict resolution, yeah, who am I kidding

Trigger warnings include language, illness, hospital environment, anxiety, rejection,*manipulation and lying*
(*Carlisle changes Conrad's medical records behind the scenes*)

"I know you didn't want to leave Sky, but I called Murphy and he'll watch her like a hawk, while Carlisle talks with a doctor he trusts about taking over your "treatments."" I explain to Conrad putting the word treatments in quotes with my fingers.. "Oh my God Sullivan there he is!! CONRAD BENNINGTON EASTLAKE YOU HAD BETTER START EXPLAINING YOURSELF RIGHT NOW MISTER!!!" A beautiful black woman thunders... "Sorry Momma," Conrad says, ducking his head, "it's a long story I need you both to be open-minded can we go somewhere quiet so I can explain everything?" His mother just taps her foot on the floor impatient, while his father gives him a look that says he's very unimpressed with Conrad at the moment.. "where have you been?" His father demands.. "Actually he's been taking wonderful care of my daughter," I say, feeling the need to speak up for this young man my daughter clearly cares a lot about. "If they're so inseparable, That's all nice and good," his mom starts, "but Conrad is quite unwell and he needs to be in the hospital, there's just no way around it." Nyx comes toward us then ushers us into a family waiting room, and snaps his fingers, whispering urgently (knowing our wolf hearing, can pick it up, but Conrad's parents will remain clueless.) "Okay, no one outside of this room can hear, see, or even come in and bother us, it's up to you what you would like to show or tell your family.." Nyx tells Conrad. "Mom, Dad, I'm not sick anymore.." his Mom reaches out to touch his forehead, "I can feel the heat coming off you, you're delusional with a high fever!" She says, No nonsense, "you need to get back upstairs and back to your room so that they can give you the proper treatment," she says and every word is angrier and angrier. Conrad just sighs, and starts stripping out of his clothes, causing his mom to get red-faced and turn her back, and his father gives an unimpressed look, demanding "what the hell is going on here son?" But Conrad is already in the middle of transitioning to his wolf so he can't answer. So I gently tell his father, "he's showing you a part of himself, and that part happened to be what healed him, we have a running theory that because he wasn't raised with a pack his dormant wolf gene what was making him so ill." Conrad's wolf gives a small bark.. his mom turns around and starts screaming, causing Conrad to cry (whine) "we didn't raise this creature, you aren't our son!" Conrad's dad says harshly, taking his wife in his arms, and saying much more calmly "if this is really the life you want me, your mom, and Sheridan won't be part of it! He says, then sighs, "but you don't have to worry though, we won't expose your secret," he seems to add on as an afterthought, "regardless of what has happened now we would never want any harm to come to you.." Conrad quickly shifts back to his human form pulling on clothes, telling Nyx to let the privacy shield go, that he won't keep his parents here with him if that's not where they want to be he understands, "but what I don't understand he adds is you've told me my entire life you would accept me no matter what, you promised me that, where did that promise go?" He says tears in his eyes. In answer his parents just quickly walk away without looking back, I can't help but pull this incredible young man into my arms, and tell him, "don't worry we're your family now, and I already know you're going to take incredible care of my daughter, welcome to the pack!"

Author's note

The song I've chosen to place above is about Conrad's feelings for his parents relationship, after finding out the truth, and has nothing to do with him and Sky.. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, please let me know what you think, until next time 💜 Jess