8

A whole week had passed since my encounter with Yoongi. And he was still not coming to the school.

I hated to admit it but I was worried and anxious, and mostly guilty. Jimin couldn't reach him either.

Though Jimin had started hanging out with the boys, he didn't stop calling Yoongi. But Yoongi never picked up. He just disappeared. And I was sure that only one person would know about him - Kim Taehyung.

It was the lunch break. The boys were having their lunch and talking about random stuff but my eyes trailed to Taehyung. He was sitting at a table far away. The guy never smiled and always looked moody.

'and Yoongi has the prettiest smile.'

My thoughts about Yoongi had been shocking. No matter how my brain tried to put him on the red list, my heart cherished him like a star, or a beautiful and delicate flower.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I stood up and started walking toward Taehyung.

Taehyung stared at me with narrow eyes. 'What the fuck do you want'- that's what his face said at that moment.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.

He nodded and stood up, then walked outside the canteen. I followed him. What I didn't notice, was that Park Jimin was following us.

"I can't reach Yoongi. And he is not coming to school." I said.

He stared at me for at least a minute.

"Guilty?" He asked, raising one of his eyebrows.

I was shocked but then a wave of anger came. Yoongi told Taehyung about our encounter. What the hell.

"He didn't come crying to me complaining about you if that's what you are thinking." Taehyung said smirking.

I remained silent.

"I saw you guys. It was pretty amazing how you left him like that." Taehyung laughed. But his eyes were not at me. I followed his eyes and there was Park Jimin. That was the moment I knew I fucked up.

"Did you tell him how you left Yoongi on his knees? And the words you said to him? They were pretty fascinating. For example- stop using Park Jimin." Saying that Kim Taehyung, the bitch, started to walk away.

But Jimin grabbed his hand.

"Is he okay? Just tell me that much. Please." Jimin asked in a shaky voice.

"Stay away from him, Park Jimin." Taehyung glared at Jimin. And then left.

What hell was happening. This Kim Taehyung guy hated Yoongi. Then why is he behaving like he cares.

"Please tell me that he lied. You wouldn't say anything like that. You said...you said you wanted to protect him." Jimin was now looking at me and his eyes begged me to say that he was right.

So, I said what he wanted to hear.

"Obviously I didn't." I spoke.

While walking back to the canteen all I could think about was the phrase that Jimin used - 'you wanted to protect him.' I did. I did want to protect him when I saw him on my first day shivering, sitting on the flower bed, all wet. I wanted to protect him when Kim Taehyung was behaving rudely to him. I wanted to protect him each time I saw him clutching his chest.

Then what changed? Why did his running after Taehyung make me so angry that I hurt him myself?

Jimin had been with him for so long, he did not hurt him.

But then, I was a weak person after all. I always found excuses for my actions.

I treated him like that because I hate selfish and fake people. Yoongi saw that Jimin was hurting because of him but he chose not to see. - I reminded myself of all those facts.

By the end of the day, I was quite okay but there was this heavy lump stuck on my chest that didn't seem to go away but only grew bigger.