for the day when i'll see you again - gyuvin x ricky

unspecified but romantic ricky x gyuvin, TW: homophobia, family issues, airports, Ricky is called Quanrui, Gyuvin-centric

Gyuvin dislikes his father and wants to see his Quanrui.

‎words : 2026

———————————

‎ ‎

Gyuvin was not too fond of the idea of going back home. Not after his father had lashed out at him, told him that he would never let Gyuvin be who he is, told him to go rot in hell. After the man he's called his father for years told him that he doesn't have a son. He doesn't have a son anymore. He doesn't consider Gyuvin his son anymore.

He knew it would happen. He knew his father wouldn't take it well. He’d seen the way he always spit at the sidewalk after seeing hands being held by two people of the same sex. He’d called it.

He doesn't know why he did it. Why did he tell his father? What inspired him to do it? When he knew it would come to this. Maybe because he loved Quanrui just way too much to hide it anymore. He couldn't hide it.

He couldn't keep it from his father, even if he knew he wouldn't like it.

There he was, at the side of an empty street with the lights illuminating his tear stained cheeks, his nose runny from crying. He didn't know where to go. Quanrui lived in a whole other country. He lived in China. Gyuvin lived in Korea.

Quanrui, oh Quanrui. Gyuvin wants to blame him, but can't bear to. Quanrui left three months ago. Three months ago is when Gyuvin last saw him. His love, his all, his Quanrui. The one he’d die for and the one who’d die for him. His Quanrui, Quanrui’s Gyuvin.

He met Quanrui on a playground when they were 14. Quanrui’s mother had moved to Korea for a job and naturally took her child with. Quanrui had barely gotten time to realize he was in a whole new country, when Kim Gyuvin came and made it all much easier. Kim Gyuvin showed him everything there was to know. He showed him love. And he showed him his house, with his father.

Their first meeting was uncomfortable. Quanrui had dyed hair, strawberry blonde, and multiple piercings in each of his ears. Gyuvin’s father didn't think highly of that.

Gyuvin wasn't scared to tell his father, for some odd reason that he couldn't grasp. It’s been three months since Quanrui left, and his father wouldn't shut up about it.

“It’s good that chinese queer left, you'll get infected by him”

“You should stop hanging out with that homo, he isn't good for you”

“Shame on him, unloved child. He must have ruined his parents lives by being like that”

It was too much. Gyuvin wouldn't listen to his father anymore. So he stayed out. For the last three months Gyuvin has been walking around the neighborhood, only going home to shower and sleep. He didn't inform his father. He thought Gyuvin was out with friends.

What friends, Gyuvin would ask in his head on nights that felt just a little too cold, where the breeze made him shiver uncomfortably. Even then the only one he had was Quanrui, who was in China. His Quanrui. But he was in China, an ocean away.

Maybe Gyuvin could go to China, go to his Quanrui. The flight couldn't be too expensive. His phone battery was dead, he couldn't check. He had a few hundred on his bank account left from last summer's summer job, that should be enough, right?