Chapter 4

ADDISON MONTGOMERY SHEPHERD'S POINT OF VIEW

"Olivia... I'm fine. This is ridiculous. I'm not injured." I snap, annoyed. We had paid the forty dollars to park and driven up and down the split-level parking garage multiple times looking for a parking space before we were finally able to find a parking spot at the very top as someone was leaving. I think that I could have just saved the trouble and used my parking badge, she could have parked in the physicians parking, but then I remember that I left the house without anything. I don't even have my ID with me. My mind is preoccupied with all of the ways I can avoid going in. People know me here. I have to come to work here every day. We could have gone to any hospital in New York, and it would have been better than this, but she automatically brought me here. New York Presbyterian Hospital is the number one hospital in the city, maybe even in the state.

"I can't go in." I say quietly.

"What do you mean you can't go in?" Olivia asks. "Are you okay to walk? Do you want me to get a wheelchair?"

"I don't know what to tell them. I'm fine. I'm not a victim Olivia. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm just tired."

"Seriously?" She asks. "Nothing's wrong?" Her eyes are dangerous.

"I'm fine." I am used to dealing with injuries on my own. Unless something is broken Derek doesn't allow me to go to the hospital, and when I do, I always have to lie about what happened. I don't want to lie in front of her, but it's automatic. "Olivia, I swear I'm okay." My stomach hurts so badly. Gnawing. Burning. Breathing is a task that takes conscious effort, so much work. I wore my college t-shirt to bed instead of the sexy bra and panty set he wanted me to wear. He told me I look like trailer trash, pushed me down, kicked me. It seems to be his go to when he doesn't really want to bother fighting, and just wants me to comply.

"Well, it's a good thing we paid for twenty-four hours of parking then." Olivia says. "I guess we'll be sitting here listening to the rain for a while." She leans her seat back and pulls a blanket and pillow from the backseat. Getting comfortable.

"Seriously?" I ask. "We could have just stayed at the apartment."

"Like you said, I'm pregnant and shouldn't stress myself out over you." She shrugs. I watch as she calls her Captain, Sargent, and Partner on a four-way call. She tells them that she is at the hospital, and then gives them a rundown of the case, but she doesn't pan the phone over to me, or say my name thankfully. When she finishes the call, she turns to me. "You say that you're fine, I should trust you. If you change your mind let me know. I'll go in with you."