Trouble

In the principal's office, again. That's where I always ended up. Only this time, it was my fault. My fault. The principal, Mr. Phillips, knew me very well at this point, since I spent a lot of time in his office. I was always getting in trouble, whether it was because of someone else or my own actions. I could tell he didn't like me.

But now, I didn't see the same principle as I usually did. The one that understood me. I saw the angry, disappointed one.

"William. Why would you do that?!" Mr. Phillips asked as my nervous tic kicked in and I started scratching my neck. "You not only gave Mr. Parker a black eye, but a broken nose too." He said coldly.

Why did I do it? I couldn't tell you. I remember when Parker burned my arm with a cigarette. He never got in trouble for that. I did. My parents assumed I self harmed and forced me into therapy. Or the time he pushed me down the stairs. It almost knocked out some of my teeth.

"William [REDACTED]." I heard someone speaking, but the voice quickly became distant. I thought about it for a what felt like years. I tried to look up, but I couldn't see anymore. It went blurry just as fast as my hearing turned to ringing. So, I thought more. I realised that I snapped. I wanted to make Parker's neck a bloody fountain. It took so much to hold back and I ended up only breaking his nose.

"William? William, snap out of it." I realised Mr. Phillips was speaking to me. I looked up at Mr. Phillips, my eyesight un-blurred as it readjusted to the bright lights of his office. He was holding my wrists, stopping me from scratching my neck raw.

"Yeah?..." I pulled my hands back from him and stuffed them in my pockets. My own voice seemed distant when I spoke this time.

"Your parents are coming to get you. You've been suspended." Mr. Phillips said, crossing his arms. My eyes widened and I sat up a little bit straighter. I forgot about the way my voice sounded when I heard Mr. Phillips. I couldn't get suspended...I didn't do anything wrong! I was just protecting myself... wasn't I?

"But—" I hesitated before speaking. "I was defending myself!" I protested as I tensed up. I had to hold myself back from scratching my neck, it was already bruising from when I spaced out earlier. I must've scratched my neck to the point it almost bleed. I could feel the pain in my neck, the burning sensation almost felt natural.