Suspended

I guess I pushed my luck with Mr. Phillips. He sent me home early that day.

My parents definitely weren't a big fan of my trouble, either.

As I looked down at the city from the window of the apartment I lived in, I couldn't help but wonder. It had been a long time since I last had these thoughts. But I didn't have long to think about them before my older sister barged into my room. She didn't even knock.

"Hey, loser, dinner is ready." She said, then left me in the dreaded silence once again.

I didn't want to eat, honestly. My stomach was doing flips at a hundred miles per hour. And I'm fat, anyways. I don't need food, I'll be fine. I sighed.

Well, There is a reason my sister called me a loser.

I really hate the names they'd give me at school, and Emma remind me of all that. She was pretty, more than most people I know, and she has the most beautiful eyes. They were green like emeralds. She was basically a stereotypical popular girl.

Sometimes I wish I could gorge out her eyes, so they'd look at me instead of that damn boyfriend she had. So she could see how great I was and be proud. But I knew it'd never happen.

Would I actually do something like that?

I closed my eyes, only for a second. But I could feel myself shifting, when I opened my eyes I was in a beautiful forest of wisteria trees. It was magical. I stood up and looked around, not caring about my glasses, which I didn't realise were gone. I started walking. Step by step, the feeling that I was being followed kept growing. I glanced around but it was just me and the forest.

"Hello?"

My voice seemed to echo off the wisteria trees, but I couldn't hear an answer back. I started walking faster, wanting to get away from whatever this was. My vision went blurry and I was pulled to my knees, then I heard it. An ear piercing, pain induced scream.

My eyes jolted open. I was back in my room. It must've been a dream. But those screams, they didn't leave my head. Not for a second. They sounded almost familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint where I heard them before.

Then I remembered dinner and got up, slowly making my way to the stairs from my bedroom. Suddenly, the stairs seemed longer and they looked like they were moving. My eye lids seemed heavy, too. So I closed them.