CHAPTER -5

A month later,

Deep hospital, Ludhiana
Punjab ( it's really in Punjab)

room 204

A patient was lying lifeless on the bed with IV attached and a man was sitting beside the patient with his bowed head and tears in his eyes.

Man : ( grabbing the patient's hand )aur kab tak Apne is buddhe baap ko tang Karegi Kudiye. Ruhi puttar kar dena maaf apne piyo nu. Teri maa , Biji kitne sad sad hue pade hain .puttar ab toh yeh narajagi chhod de. (caressing her hair) uth jana puttar, main teri maa ko aur nahi sambhal sakta tu toh meri rooh hai na.

(How long will you keep troubling your old father? Ruhi ,daughter please forgive your father . Your mom and grandma are being sad. Please now leave this resentment. wake up , I no longer can handle your mother, you are my rooh. )

Their father - daughter moment was broken by a nurse who came to change her (patient )clothes .

Nurse : Mr. Kapoor can you just wait outside for 5 minutes actually, she needs to get changed .

man : yeah (and he left from there).

That man was the great Ram Kapoor and the patient was his daughter Aarohi . After cleaning and changing Aarohi's clothes the nurse left from there and the mr. Kapoor went inside the room again.

Ram Kapoor :  Tujhe pata hai teri maa roj mujhse ladti hai ki kyunki woh bhi tujhse milna chahti hai but agar woh tujhe aise dekhegi toh khud ko sambhal nahi payegi. Aaj biji bhi aaenge tujhse milne aur....

(You know your mother fights with me every day because she also wants to meet you, but if she sees you like this, she won't be able to control herself.Today Biji will also come to meet you and…. )

but he was again interrupted.

someone :  uncle, how are you?

Ram : doctor Gurleen, I am fine.

Gurleen : kya uncle itne formal you know me from childhood , aapke princess ki bestie hun mai .

( I am your princess's bestie . )

Ram : (hugged her) but yeh Hospital hai na.

( but this is a hospital. )

Gurleen : pher ki hoya hun toh mai aapki beti  hi.

( I am your daughter only.)

Ram : offcourse Drama Queen ( pinching her nose).

Gurleen :  how is aunty?

Ram : waise hi hai beta . She doesn't listen to me Ruhi se milne ki zid karti rahti hai .

( She is like that beta . She doesn't listen to me and keeps insisting on meeting Ruhi. )

Gurleen : toh  aap unhen yahan kyon nahi laate .

( So why don't you bring her here. )

Ram : woh isse aese dekh ker aur royegi  . Puttar aur main nahi chahta ki woh aur depress ho . Ek mahina ho gaya hai , she is not getting up from coma , tune toh kaha.....

If she sees her ( Aarohi)  like this she will cry more . Puttar and I do not want her to be depressed. It's been a month, she is not getting up from coma, you said.....

Gurleen : uncle maine kaha tha ki she can get up , I didn't confirm it, coma se bahar aane mein insan ko kuch din , kuch mahine ya kuchh saal bhi lag sakte hain and I am not sure that you will be able to answer her question when she get up .(she stopped as she notice Aarohi's finger moving ).