Home once again

They arrived at their apartment and Veda laid face down on the couch.

"Go empty your bag"

"Aw come on Ethan can't I just lay here for a bit?"

"You had the entire plane ride to rest, now get up"

"Fine" Veda groaned. He walked to his room and emptied the clothes from his suitcase, throwing them in a basket haphazardly.

"Do your laundry" Ethan knocked on the doorframe

"I will"

"Now." he crossed his arms.

"Alright" Veda grabbed his basket and walked off.

"Veda"

"What?"

"Don't be so grumpy, we have some ice cream in the freezer"

"Can I have some right now?"

"Yeah, I'll make you a bowel" Ethan walked to the fridge. He grabbed the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream making him and Veda a bowel. Veda's bowel was practically filled to the top. He sat on the couch. He held out Veda's bowel. As if he had teleported Veda was on the couch in a flash wrapped in a blanket and holding the bowel. Ethan turned on the TV. Ethan finished his quickly and waited for Veda to be done to take the bowels to the sink. Soon it began to pour. Laughter from the TV blended with Veda's own. Rain hit the window with a small thud. Lightning bringing light into the poorly lit room. Veda hadn't realized the stop of footsteps until Ethan stretched with a groan.

"Did you put on more of your what's it called when we got here?"

"What?"

"The uh- perfume? Boy perfume?"

"Yeah," Veda laughed.

"The wonderful smell of tree sap and wood, calendula, flower of such beautiful yellow and orange" Ethan laid back on the couch with a smile.

"Do we have work tomorrow?"

"No. I was gonna go out."

"Oh okay"

"Just figured you want some space, we have been cooped up together for a while"

"Yeah" he chuckled "Thanks"

"Of course, but if you dare throw a party or break anything then I swear I will break all of your bones."

"Noted! I think you seem to be forgetting I do not have friends"

"You have friends"

"No, not really" Veda turned his attention back to the television.

"I will go get dinner started" he got up.

"Why won't you ever just order something"

"I do not trust it."

"Do you trust anything?"

"I trust that you won't continue questioning me as it may end badly."

"Wow so mysterious" Veda laughed. Ethan ignored him and grabbed things out from the fridge. Other than the TV and rain it was quiet. Veda flicked on a lamp beside him, the room filled with the warm color.

"Soup"

"Why do you do this to me?" Veda stared at the man.

"Soup." Ethan repeated handing Veda the bowel. They ate and went to bed. Veda slept in for what felt like the first time in years.

"Veda" Ethan knocked on the open door. Veda was known for sleeping with his door wide open most of the time.

"Wake up, it's eleven o'clock"

"I'm up, I'm up" Veda groaned. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed the plate Ethan made him. He laid on the floor and ate.

"The couch is right there. Right there" Ethan sighed. "I'm headed out" he tied his shoe then left.

★ ★

Ethan took a sip of his beer and then placed the cup back on the table. He looked around. A few feet away was a man who was eyeing him earlier.

"Fuck it" he whispered to himself "Might as well see" he walked over to the man. The two started kissing. Meanwhile, Veda was spinning in a chair calling Ethan.

"Did I really think he would answer?" He threw the phone on his bed. "Probably off making out with some girl just to never see her again." He stared at his phone for a minute before rushing over to it.

Hours later Veda was woken to the sound of things being scattered and feet shuffling. He walked to Ethan's room. He saw Ethan, his shirt was off and his belt was unbuckled.

"Ethan?!"

"Veda! I-"

"Oh my gosh- why- you- shirt?!"

"Don't mention this to anyone and I will rip your tongue out