Flowers

"Come back and I'll kill you." Were first words Veda heard as he walked to the kitchen. He poured himself a bowel of cereal and watched Ethan.

"Don't."

"He was a cutie"

"Veda."

"I'm only sayin, so you like him?"

"No. I like no one."

"You like me"

"Barely."

"Aw cmon Ethan"

"Are you even wearing shorts under there?"

"Yeah"

"Booty shorts barely count as clothing." Ethan pinched his nose bridge.

"You don't even have a shirt do you really wanna talk?"

"I would much prefer you putting on actual shorts"

"And I would prefer to never do laundry again"

"Are your clothes still just sitting in the dryer?"

"Get off my case Ethan!"

"Put shorts on!"

"I have shorts on!"

"Veda." He crossed his arms. Veda stormed off with a groan.

"So, first guy hookup?"

"Veda I went to college. He was just my first in a couple years."

"What?!"

"You heard me." Ethan grabbed an Apple and walked off.

"Ethan" Veda stared. "Ethan!" He repeated, shocked. He walked back to his room and sat on the bed. He stared at his phone which was placed on the bed. He bit at his nail. After a bit he grabbed the phone, throwing the charger on the floor. He placed a call, practicing what he would say in his head. He placed it on his nightstand when it went to voicemail. Veda laid back and put his palms to his eyes with a sigh.

"Veda"

"Hm?"

"You alright?"

"Yeah, just was calling my sister"

"She has work"

"I know"

"What else is wrong?"

"Nothing"

"That isn't true" Ethan sat on the bed. "Why don't we go pick out some flowers?"

"Okay" he sat up. The two got ready and left. They hopped into Ethan's car and drove to a flower shop. A lady walked over just as Ethan put on a pair of sunglasses.

"Need any help today?"

"No thank you, Mrs. Orwell" he smiled.

"Can we get these flowers?" Veda held up some lilies.

"If those are the ones you want then yes"

"Sweet! Smell them"

"Veda you know I can't usually smell flowers, only calendulas"

"Right..I still really want these though"

"Go buy them, meet me in the car and we will head on over." Ethan handed Veda a wallet and walked off. Veda paid for the flowers and got in the car. They drove to a graveyard. Walking up to two graves side by side Veda put down the lilies. They stayed there for a bit longer. Veda rested his head on Ethan's shoulder. In the car ride back it was silent.