10

Jin Geumryeong was rooming with three people. Yubaek, Lee Songbaek, and Manjeok. The room In front of them ironically happens to be Cheong Myeong's and his crew except for Yoo Iseol who had her own room.

He wanted to just barge in and attack Cheong Myeong but of course that would ruin the reputation of Southern Edge Sect, he must stay calm and find a better place to take his revenge.

He sat down on the bed as he tapped his chin. 'Ghost General' it's what the inn keeper called their escort. Maybe he also has a higher position as well? Jin Geumryeong wondered. He should really use a shut eye.

An hour passed, he couldn't sleep. Ever so suddenly he woke up hearing some people giggling from outside. He sat down on his bed and turn to see Lee Songbaek as the window looking into something.

"What are you doing?" He asked in a whisper. Lee Songbaek pointed at Jin Ling, Lan Jingyi, and Ouyang Zizhen running around as if excited about something. Lan Sizhui was chuckling and Wen Ning was nowhere to be seen.

"Wahhhh~! Finally were home!" Lan Jingyi exclaimed running around feeling giddy, if the ground wasn't made of dirt and isn't dirty he would've kissed it already. "Right....I miss my uncle." Jin Ling sighed as he dramatically fell in Zizhen's arms. Jingyi stopped on his track as he looked at Jin Ling. "Which uncle? You have tons."

"I'm talking about Jiujiu(Jiang Cheng)." Jin Ling huffed crossing his arms. "You miss when he says that he'll break your legs?" Jingyi asked making both Sizhui and Zizhen snort. "Not funny." Jin Ling rolled his eyes as he stood up properly and stretched.

"Tomorrow morning.... we'll head on to Cloud Recesses....let's hope that Master Lan Qiren gives them a week of getting to know the place first before proceeding to study." Sizhui said as he walked around in circles. "Wow... you're very considerate....no wonder you'll be the next Sect Leader of Lan in the future." Zizhen whistled making Sizhui blush waving his hand as if saying 'no no no that's entirely impossible', Zizhen only chuckled at how cute Sizhui can be when flustered from getting praised.

Lee Songbaek and Jin Geumryeong listened in trying to get some possible informations they might need.

"So anyone here had developed favoritism?" Ouyang Zizhen asked with a grin. The two Southern Edge disciples looked at each other. Everyone knows that....favoritism = leverage.

"Cause I have." Zizhen added. That made Songbaek and Geumryeong's ears perk up. "That's quite something from you. Who are they?" Lan Jingyi asked as everyone sat on the ground in a circle.

"In Mount Hua. I kind of like Jong Yoon. He's just like me y'know? The mediator of the group. Cheong Myeong is nice too but....just doesn't live off my vibe." Zizhen explained as the three nodded in understanding.

"Then I'll be taking Cheong Myeong." Jin Ling said with a smirk. "How so?" Sizhui asked. "Just a gut feeling. And I feel like he likes money. I have money." The three looked at him deadpanned.

Jingyi then huffed. "I'll take in Jo Gul, he seems good enough." He said with a shrug. Everyone then turned to Sizhui. Who would the higher disciple of Gusu Lan choose as a favorite?

"Why are they just picking favorites among the Huashans???" Jin Geumryeong gritted his teeth. "Maybe because they don't fully now us yet? I'm sure the Mount Hua Disciples already got their favor due to---" Lee Songbaek was cut off when Sizhui started to speak.

Sizhui looked at his friends and chuckled."Favoritism isn't usually my thing....but....if I were to take someone under my wings I like it to be the head of the 2nd year disciples of Mount Hua—Baek Cheon. In Southern Edge, I'll choose Lee Songbaek. Yes I haven't talked to him yet but I just feel like he can push past his limits." Sizhui said making he other three look at him in awe.

Jin Geumryeong looked at Lee Songbaek with a glare who shrugged but deep down he felt giddy. "Just cause you're a favorite of their top disciple doesn't mean--"

"Oh? We're choosing from the Southern Edge now? I've got someone in mind." Both of their attention went out of the window once more, this time Zizhen was talking.

Jingyi smirked leaning against a tree post. "Right away? That's quite fast. The guy who doesn't usually take favorites happens to favor someone from Southern Edge, I mean if it's Huashan sure but Southern Edge? Do tell us."

"...The head of the 2nd grade disciples." Zizhen said having a hard time thinking what the guy's name was. "Jin Geumryeong?" Jin Ling said confused. "Why him tho? Cheong Myeong told me that he's a bitch." He said as Jingyi immediately shit his mouth with his hand.

"Shut up! You're too loud! And what the fuck? Why'd you say that?" Jingyi whispered-yelled at Jin Ling who immediately apologized. "Sorry I forgot."

"Didn't you feel it when you met him? He's full of rage and hatred towards Cheong Myeong. He must have wanted to take revenge. He reminds me of Master Wei.....in some sorts. He can be much more powerful when he changes his ways." Zizhen nodded just thinking about it.

"He just needs a better teacher to guide him." Zizhen exclaimed with a smile. "He also has the aura of JiuJiu...." Jin King huffed making everyone chuckle.

"Let's all take a quickly rest now. We're gonna go to Cloud Recesses." Sizhui stated as he stood up followed by the rest and entered inside the inn.

Jin Geumryeong turned to Lee Songbaek with a haughty grin making the younger roll heir eyes and planned to go back to sleep when big turned around to rest back they see Cheong Myeong just standing there.

"So they chose favorites huh?....not bad." He said chuckling before walking back to his room.