Chapter 40: The First Strike

The hallways twisted and turned, creating a labyrinthine maze that seemed impossible to navigate. Lucas, Lia, Kevin, and Maria sprinted down the corridors, their breaths coming in ragged gasps. Ang mabulong ng mga paa ng kanilang mga humahabol ay pumuno sa mga pasilyo, adding an ominous echo that spurred them to run faster. Lucas glanced over his shoulder, catching a glimpse of dark figures gaining on them.

"Bilisan natin!" he urged, grabbing Lia's hand and pulling her forward.

Lia stumbled but quickly regained her footing, her heart pounding in her chest. "Hindi ko alam kung kaya pa natin 'to," she whispered, fear lacing her voice.

"We have to," Maria said firmly, her eyes scanning the walls for any sign of their escape route. "Malapit na tayo sa likod na exit."

Kevin, who was slightly ahead, pointed to a door at the end of the hallway. "Dito! This way!" he shouted, his voice echoing.

They burst through the door, the sudden burst of fresh air a stark contrast to the stifling atmosphere of the building. They had made it to the back exit, but they couldn't stop now. Tumakbo sila palabas ng gusali, their feet pounding against the pavement as they headed towards a narrow alleyway.

"Sa safe house, mabilis!" Maria commanded, leading the way.

The safe house was not far, but every second counted. Lucas could feel his heart racing, the adrenaline coursing through his veins. He glanced at Lia, who was keeping pace beside him.

They turned a corner and the safe house came into view, an unassuming building that blended in with its surroundings. Maria quickly punched in a code on the keypad by the door, and it swung open with a quiet click. Pumasok sila nang mabilis, securing the door behind them.

"Safe na tayo dito," Maria said, catching her breath.

Lucas nodded, but his mind was still racing. "We need to plan our next move. Hindi sila titigil hangga't hindi nila tayo nahuhuli."

Kevin, leaning against the wall, wiped the sweat from his brow. "We have to strike first. We need to take them down before they get to us."

Lia looked at each of them in turn, her eyes filled with resolve. "Kung ganun, anong plano natin?"

As they gathered around the small table in the center of the room, their minds began to race with strategies and ideas. The first strike was crucial, and they had no room for error.

Lucas took a deep breath, looking at his friends and allies. "Let's do this," he said firmly, his voice filled with determination. "For us, for everyone we care about. Hindi tayo susuko."

Their plan was set, and the first strike would be theirs.

The safe house was dimly lit, casting shadows on the walls that seemed to dance with the group's heightened state of alertness. Lucas, still catching his breath, scanned the room and took in the expressions of his companions. Everyone was on edge, but there was also a glimmer of determination in their eyes.

"Kailangan natin magplano ng maayos," Lucas began, looking each of them in the eye. "We need to take down one of De Vega's key operatives. May alam akong mid-level operative named Carlos. He's crucial to De Vega's operations."

Maria nodded in agreement. "He's often at a warehouse near the docks, kung saan sila nagta-traffic ng illegal goods. If we can take him down, makakagulo tayo sa plano ni De Vega."

Kevin, who had been pacing back and forth, stopped and faced the group. "So, what's the plan? Paano natin siya aabutin?"

Lia took a deep breath, her mind racing with ideas. "We need a distraction para makalapit tayo. Something that will draw their attention away from us."