Usopp's Return//Chapter 68

Grasping hold of the ladder leading up the main mast, Faythe peered off from the docking coast of the wrecked shipyard, "Mast secured!" She called out to Nami.

"Jolly Roger airborne!" Wyper hollered from the top. A toothy grin shining from his pure excitement to set sail again. He was never a person to sit in one place for long.

Luffy gave the two a thumbs up, "SET SAIL—!!"

Nami and Chopper hurried to the side of the rails that faced the coast with worry, "Hey, Luffy!!"

"Luffy!!"

"Are you sure, Strawhat?" Franky crossed his broad arms, "Don't you have to wait for one more person?"

Luffy sat down on the newly built in seat that circled around the mast for relaxation purposes, "I was waiting for him. Ever since Sanji told us the story." A smile beamed on his face, "I waited for him in that room at the Galley-La so someone could welcome him, but he never showed up. This is his answer. I'm sure he... will have fun, too!" He laughed off the fact that he was dribbling in a layer of nervous sweat. His laugh was louder—more obnoxious than usual. Like this entire situation was the funniest thing to him right now, "I don't think he'll quit being a pirate, so hopefully we'll see him on the sea sometime!!"

Jumping down from the rope ladder, Faythe landed next to the laughing Captain. With one swipe against his head, his hat fell over his face, blocking his vision and cutting off his laughter for a surprised gasp.

"Gah! Fae! Why'd you do that?!" Luffy sat up from his lax position, fixing his hat to peer up at the red head—who wasn't even looking at him in general.

"This is no time to laugh about. We have enemies coming in southward." Faythe walked over to the rails and held on as soon as she noticed a flying object zipping through the air.

"INCOMING—!"

Wyper shout was heard as a cannon nearly hit the side of the ship.

Franky peered over the rails to see if there was any damage applied, "Crap!! They've found us! It's the marines!!"

Luffy hurried over to Faythe's side to get a better look, "—GRANDPA!!?"

A static voice reached their ears, signaling that Garp was using a megaphone to communicate.

"Hey, Luffy~! Can you hear me!? This is your Grandpa. This is your Grandpa."

"Hey, Grandpa!! What's going on!? You told us you wouldn't arrest us here!!" Luffy hollered back at his loudest volume to reach Garp's old ears.

Somehow he heard his grandson.

"Yeah, things happened. So I'm sorry to say this, but I'll have to ask you to just drown and die!! It's not like I can make up for it, but I'll face you guys myself!!"

Sanji looked around in confusion, "What is he gonna do!?"

"I don't know. But if I know our Captain. He's gonna do something totally unexpected." Wyper felt a shiver rise up his spine.

And just as he said that, Faythe had only blinked, and her feathers rose in immediate danger. She followed a thin strip of air with her eyes as she watched a cannonball crash and explode into a nearby shipwreck. The explosion causing the ship to tip a bit.

"Like a damn torpedo!" Faythe cackled with wide and fearful eyes.

Wyper slammed his head repeatedly into the main mast, "What did I just fucking say!?"

"HEY! DONT DAMAGE THE SHIP WITH YER HARDHEAD!!" Franky called out to the shandorian.

Sanji was most terrified by this obscene show of strength alone by a marine, "H-He threw the cannonball with his bare hands!!?"