Affogato cookie

"Your highness how can I be of assistance today?" The cookie grinned slightly while bowing to dark cacao cookie. Ever since he started training with caramel arrow cookie he'd been promoted to an official guard of the dark cacao kingdom. "Ah yes, affogato cookie... I need you to guard my little son today while he goes out for his mini training session. I am quite exhausted today and I shall not have him slacking off for a day" "of course you're highness but... do you think this is a bit extreme? He is simply a child and a day wouldn't be so bad right?" "Don't be silly, I was raised the same day. Now do not keep him waiting he is in the training field like everyone else. I do hope he remains on his best behavior while around you" the warrior bowed quietly before speed walking to the training room where the 9 year old prince was fighting a training dummy with a mini sword. It wasn't in affogatos judgment but he did believe the prince was far too young to be training this vigorous. He wasn't merely a decade old yet here he was following in his father's footsteps. Affogato cookie cleared his throat catching the young princes attention. "Hello there dark choco cookie, your father sent me here to take care of you for the day" "father isn't training today?..." "it appears your father is simply exhausted today but do not fret for I shall train you" he said proudly. The young cookie nodded and brought another training dummy for him to use. He appreciated the gesture and grabbed his own sword before teaching him some tips and tricks which the prince catches on quickly. Within an hour the prince was ready to duel. For the first round affogato cookie beat him and helped him up once he fell. The second round the prince surprisingly managed to outsmart him resulting in a chuckle from affogato cookie. On the final round affogato cookie won much to the princes disappointment. "I can't believe you beat me" he grumbled out, taking his hand to help him up. "Do not worry young prince, for you will beat me to it someday"

"Promise?"

"I promise" the warrior replied

He kept that promise