Chapter Eight

"Have you guys done any planning for the wedding?" Tin-Tin asked me as we relaxed by the pool. It had been a quiet couple of days on Tracy Island with no distress calls being sent out. It was kind of ironic how once International Rescue was back up and running, no one needed them.

I shook my head. "I was thinking of just going to the mainland and eloping or something," I said, "but Scott wants to have a big wedding on the beach but it's impractical with International Rescue."

"I get what you mean," Tin-Tin nodded, "like what if a distress call gets sent out in the middle of the ceremony? That would suck."

"Scott doesn't seem to get that though," I sighed.

"Normally it's the bride that wants the full on, big wedding and the groom that wants to just elope," Tin-Tin laughed.

"Scott and I are so unconventional," I laughed.

"Ladies," Alan smiled as he and Scott walked over to where we were sitting.

"Alan," I pouted, "can you please stop growing. You're making me feel old and short."

Alan grinned as he sat down next to Tin-Tin.

"I still remember when you and Gordon would cuddle up to Amelia on the sofa," Scott chuckled, "even if I was sitting next to her, one of you would come squeeze in between."

Alan blushed as Tin-Tin giggled. "I was 5 then," Alan defended himself.

"You didn't stop until you were 10," Scott pointed out.

"But then it was only when he was sick," I said trying to soften the embarrassment.

Alan smiled at me thankfully. "I always loved it when you came over to help Scott look after us."

"Everyone did," Scott smiled, "even John, although he barely came out of his room. When he came out to get food he was happy."

"Scott!" Jeff called from the house balcony. "I'm going for a final fly, you and Amelia are in charge!"

"F.A.B. Dad!" Scott called back.

"What does he mean 'final flight'?" Tin-Tin asked.

"He's retiring from field work after what happened with The Hood so that he's always here to help," Scott answered.

"That's going to be weird," I said quietly. I felt Scott's arms sneak around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder.

"And John and I are going to be swapping shifts on Thunderbird 5 every month," Alan said excitedly. "Dad thinks he spends too much time up there alone."

"That'll be cool," I smiled at the thought of hanging out with John some more but then I remembered what just happened to John during The Hood's attack and shuddered. "Do you think you'll be okay up there though?"

"Your maternal instincts are showing," Scott whispered in my ear. I whacked his knee.

"I'm serious though," I said, "what if someone does something similar to what The Hood did?"

"I'll be fine, Amelia," Alan smiled at me. "I promise."

I looked at Alan and smiled. "Yeah, I know."

"Who wants to go swimming?" Scott asked before getting up.

"Yeah, alright," I smiled before getting up and following my fiancé into the pool. Tin-Tin and Alan soon joined us. We were having an all out water fight when Virgil came running out looking panicked.

"Guys, John lost the signal on Dad's plane and no one can get in contact with him," Virgil told us. The four of us rushed out the pool and followed Virgil back inside.