"Beautiful"

Description: A sub makes Sal remove his prosthetic and EVERYONE turns to look at him. Well, not everyone.

~~~~~~~~

Sal and Larry were sitting in the classroom with everyone else, waiting for the teacher to come in. They were having their own conversation. Suddenly a boy groaned from beside them.

"Could you freaks shut up?" Travis snapped. "Damn, you're loud for no reason."

"Oh, shut it, Phelps. We're not being that loud." Larry snapped back. Travis rolled his eyes and continued to read his bible. Larry just went back to his conversation with Sal. The teacher came in the room, but it wasn't their normal teacher. It was a substitute.

"Hello class. I'll be your sub for today." The class shut up and sat looking forward at the teacher. "You can call me Mr. Michaelson. You're teacher left a lesson for you so you will be learning." The class groaned. The sub started talking and he looked around the classroom. He stopped talking as he looked at Sal.

Sal looked at the teacher, curious as to why he was staring. The class started looking back at Sal to see what was stopping the teacher from talking.

"You!" Mr. Michaelson shouted.

"Me?" Sal asked, bewildered.

"Why are you wearing a mask in my classroom? Its not Halloween!" 

"It's not-" Sal started but was cut off.

"Take it off." The sub said. Sal looked around at everyone staring at him.

"Its not a mask. Its a prosthetic. I don't really take it off." Sal explained.

"I don't care. You can't learn with that ugly thing on. Take it off." Sal didn't know what to say.

"You can't make him take it off. Its a prosthetic!" Larry yelled.

"Sit down, young man! This is my classroom, what I say goes!" Mr. Michaelson raged. He turned back to Sal. "If you don't take it off, you get detention."

"BU-" Larry started.

"It's fine Larry. Fine, I'll take it off." Sal sighed.

"Sal, you don't have to." Larry said.

"I'm waiting." said the sub. 

Sal sighed and reached up to the straps of his prosthetic. He looked around the classroom, everyone was whispering to each other. He took off his prosthetic and looked down at his desk.

"Thank you." Mr. Michaelson said and started teaching again.

"Psst." Larry whispered. Sal looked at him. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Sal whispered back. 

"No talking." Mr. Michaelson said. Sal and Larry stopped talking. Sal spent a few minutes avoiding looking around, way too aware of his naked face. Eventually he was too curious. He had to know what people thought of him. He started looking around.

He saw faces of disgust and faces of curiosity. Everyone was staring at him and the teacher was doing nothing to stop them. He saw several people gag. Sal was feeling very self-conscious. He looked to the right of him and saw that the boy sitting there wasn't looking at him. He was the only one, besides Larry and the teacher who wasn't staring. He even had his hand up, shielding his face from looking by accident.

What? This confused Sal. Why wasn't he looking like everybody else? This was his only chance to do so. What was even more curious is who it was.

Travis.