ILYH 4

Mina POV

It's been 3 days since i haven't seen her... I must admit that I quite like it at first, no one bothers you, no one will send you a random meme or stupid jokes and no one will annoy for a day with their dimpled smiles on...

'Ugh! why am I even thinking about her?' that Son Chaeyoung no matter how hard I tried to get rid of her, still she doesn't give up and it frustrates me a lot. I hate being mean to her but she is just...something else. I mean she is cute, yes I'll give her that it's just that Yoo, Jeongyeon I like her since 5th grade.

"back to earth Mina?" Sana snapped me back to reality, we are eating in the cafeteria "what are you thinking?" she asked. "nothing" I replied while just playing at my food in the table, I'm not really hungry. "where is Momo anyway?" until I saw her running towards our table catching her breath. "Momo what's wrong?" Sana queried. "C-Chaeyoung" she gasped. I looked at her seriously this time she seems worried, I unconsciously stood up from my seat, my heart is beating so fast "why, what happened to her?"

"Chaeyoung she's in the hospital, I heard from Dahyun that she tried to save a little girl so she was the one hit by the car" Momo said. "What?! what hospital?" Sana is in distressed but this is extra, she grabbed her stuff and hurriedly walked away while I am still processing what just Momo said, I suddenly cannot move my feet, I feel like crying? "Momo, can you come with me in the hospital? please" I murmured. "of course Mina let's go?" she held my hand and squeeze it lightly "she's gonna be okay, Mina" Momo assured but I can't stop myself from being anxious.

We arrived in the Hospital and Sana was already there, she was walking back and forth with her fingers on her lips, If I don't know her, I might think that she is the girlfriend but I set aside that thought first, we are welcomed by Chaeyoung's mother, she looked pale but still pretty.

"Are you Chaeyoung's friends?" she questioned. "Hi Auntie, yes we are I am Momo and this is Mina" Momo answered since she knew that I am still feeling tensed. "nice to meet you, thank you for coming here, so you are Mina" Chae's mother smiled sweetly at me. "my daughter she talks about you a lot, that kid" then she began to sob again. I am feeling more devastated, her mom knows me, she likes me that much? I sighed, I must admit that I missed her and I rather be annoyed by Son Chaeyoung with her aegyo face everyday that seeing her lying in the bed.

"she is stable now but she is still in coma, the kid she tried to save that day is fine without scratches, I'm glad but my daugther, s-she suffered a lot" her mom wept again as we tried to console her and gave her a tight hug.

I prayed to God, 'please save her, I promise i'll be better with her. just please God' I didn't realize that I was crying hard as well. "Chaeyoung, I hate you wake up now, this is not funny anymore, please come back to us, please come back to me, I begged.

***

Chaeyoung POV

After a week, Chaeyoung finally woke up, she slowly opens her eyes and her mother jolted in her seat and called the doctors immediately. After some tests, they told her that her life is already out of danger except that...

"Mom!" I panicked.

"Chaeyoung sweety, what's wrong?! something hurts? tell mommy"

"I-I can't move my legs! mom what's going on? mom!" I was in agony.

My mom called again the doctor and they told us that I am paralyzed due to the accident. For some cases, this is just temporary but for others it could be worst and that I could be one too - permanently disabled, the thought of it made my world stops, who am I without my legs?

For another week, Chaeyoung did not let her friends see her, her mom even convinced her to accept them, her friends are so worried and been missing her, Chaeyoung's rooms are already full of flowers, stuffed toys and letters and her mom even told her that Mina was always there too, but as for Chaeyoung she became a cold-hearted person, Mina's name no longer sounded heaven to her, in fact she despise it.

"Chaeyoung please don't do this to yourself sweety, you also need to have a therapy so you can walk again" Chaeyoung's mom pleaded. "No Mom! just leave me alone!"

With a heart full of thorns her mom hugged her daughter "just tell me when you're ready, I am here for you, I love you sweety" she kissed her forehead and went outside, seeing her daughter feels like dying. "Mrs. Son?" she looked for the voice on the way and she saw a beautiful girl, Mina. "Oh you're here again? don't you have classes? you know she won't let anyone see her" Chaeyoung's mom uttered. "It's okay, I want to be here Mrs. Son" Mina answered. "you know if this did not happen to her, she would be the happiest person to see you, I knew even before of how she was so fond of you, you were there in her mind 24/7" she chuckled.

"I regret that Mrs. Son, I should have been more kinder, I could have been better friend" Mina looked down and sniffled. "It's okay what matters is that you are here now and you want to make it up to her, you seem like a good kid Mina, you can just call me mom too" Mina smiled gently, she thought that Chaeyoung got her sweetness and sincerity from her Mom. "Thanks Mom" she said.

Another week has passed but Mina did not give up on Chaeyoung, she still always visits the latter until one time she was just outside the room waiting for Mrs. Son when Chaeyoung screamed, Mina panicked and hurriedly opened the door to check on her "Chaeyoung! what's wrong?!" it's almost a month that she didn't see her and the moment Mina's eyed laid on her she felt a sting in her chest, Chaeyoung is in pain, so much pain if she could share that pain with her then she would totally volunteer, she realized how Chaeyoung is important to her and she would do anything to help her come back to her old self again.

"what are you doing here?! get out!"

"Chaeyoung, please let me help you"

"are you deaf?! I said get out I don't want to see you!". Chaeyoung is in rage, Mina almost cried on the spot but she has to be strong for her.

"Chaeyoung stop it! I am not leaving you again! please I am worried about you, just let me help you" Mina started to walk closer but chaeyoung threw a fruit at Mina. "I don't need your pity! go away Mina!" Mina can't help herself from her tears flowing down her face anymore. "Chaeyoung... I don't want to go, I am not doing this out of pity, I am here as your friend, please... please just don't send me away, I am begging you"

A long awkward silence surrounded the room, Mina did not bother to make a move, she is just looking intently at Chaeyoung with full of longing and concern, until Chaeyoung finally spoke "Mina... I wish I never met you" with those words kept lingering in her mind, Mina's world turned upside down.

I wish I never met you

Mina suddenly cannot breathe without knowing that her legs become weak, she fell, sitting in the floor with nothing but severe pain in her chest, and from that moment she knew, Chaeyoung is not just a friend, she's always been more than that.

to be continued.

Hi anyone reading this? I hope you like it I'll update again later 🫶🏻