Chapter 2: Gone Like Bubbles

That night, the thought of closing my eyes never had once crossed my mind. The symphony of cicadas filled my brain, in the dark corner watched the eyes of glowing citrine.

It was dark, so dark I could hardly make out any shape in my room. But the luminous shade of crimson engulfed my vision. The dry texture of the ink upon the yellowish page, the sharp edge of every letter, the fury that overflows with each word, the pictures taken like someone is sitting right in front of me yet not a single footprint left on the floor.

I get a lot of threats and people who stalk me out of obsession but none of them have ever sent a shudder like this one.

And those eyes… those golden eyes… they keep playing in my head like invincible fire.

The moon sinks with the thoughts of the person behind the letter. The melody of the birds upon the trees was the only answer I got.

I decided it was hopeless. Laying in this bed, musing at the ceiling, pondering about the mysterious box someone left at my door — it will lead me to nothing. The walls in my room ain't gonna give me an answer. If a person wants to be found, they are not going to leave a box at the door with my pictures and a letter of how jealous they are, they will simply state their name and admit. And this one has no name. This person wants a chase.

I'm thirsty, I need to grab something. So what I did is I got up from my bed, changed my clothes and escaped the room. There's a store just down the road, it's not so far I decided I could just walk there.

I was at the step of the stairs when the rush of sadness took me by its arm. I never realized how vast this house was until I looked around it, scrutinizing every edge but finding merely an absence of the two existence I grew out to get used without. My mother, who was the most beautiful woman I laid eyes on since the day I opened my orbs to see into this world, is living the best of her life with the new family she created from the sorrow my father gave her. And my father, I don't know where or rather whose bed he is right now. I have no idea if this time it is old, or in their twenties or a fresh highschool student he's playing with. I am only certain about one thing, he's out there, fucking someone's slut.

The bell jiggled above my head as I walked inside the store. I grabbed a can of beer and went to the counter to pay. I still have a hangover from last night but such a hangover can be cured by another can of beer. Been doing this since highschool and as fascinating as it sounds, it works.

“I’m afraid you can't have a can of beer at six a.m in the morning. You’re a minor.”

I scoffed. “How tragic… I'm twenty-two.”

“It doesn't change anything. You can't have a beer as early as the sun makes an appearance in the shameless sky. And I know certainly and without doubt that you haven't had your first meal of the day yet.”

I wish I could pick up the can and throw it at his face so he could stop acting like a concerned citizen. I could only roll my eyes at all the overly sweetened words he told me.

“When are you going to live your life right, Yoongi? Haven't you had enough fucking every single person in this town?”

This time, I almost had the urge to grab his tongue and bite it off his mouth at how pretentious and nasty his words are. I came here to grab a beer not to listen to a sermon from a person whose life is more miserable than the one I have.

“It is frankly and absolutely none of your business, Hoseok. Can you just please scan this for me before I get you fired from your work?” I said and looked over at his manager who's sitting in the corner. He took this as a defeat and scanned the beer.