Chapter 5 Part 4 'Dehumanizing'

Blue went to school in the morning. Brushing his teeth, putting on his cologne, brushing his hair, picking clothing, getting his socks and shoes on, his backpack. It was the same as every morning, but he felt that anxious feeling he had when he had Pink in his basement.

That crippling anxiety you feel when you have a test coming up, or that feeling you get when you are behind in school yet can't bring yourself to do anything.

He felt like he wanted to throw up.

He feels like his whole day is even more consumed by the thought of Cyan, what if when he gets home, police are waiting for him? What if Orchid says something, what if Green slips up? What if all those bones in the forest get washed to the surface? He had someone in his basement again, much more important than Pink.

He had Cyan in his grasp, and yet Cyan could melt through his fingers at any moment.

When he got to school, he was on edge, it was clear by the sweat on his brow and the slight shuffle he had, avoiding eye contact, heavy silent breaths. His heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest!

Blue just stood by his locker, alone for once, all his friends with other people, comatose, dead, or in his basement. The loneliness hit him like a truck, but no guilt met his heart, no sorrow or hatred in himself. So he wallowed in it in silence, silent knowing of the very reason why he felt so lonely.

He caused this, and now he has to accept it. A few people carried whispers of Rose, but no one was really panicking or looking his way. Why would they? He doesn't even know Rose or Orchid, just the guy who was called a murderer by Purple and Pink's friends, innocent until proven guilty.

He expected to see Orchid there, for her to point fingers, to have the police there waiting for him, yet Orchid wasn't there, no police, and everyone was fine.

In fact, he even went looking for her, paying attention to the crowds, even going to a few of her classes. Blue didn't exactly know what he was going to do if he actually found her, threaten her, blackmail her, something to keep Orchid quiet, but she never showed up. It was almost more concerning than seeing her there.

The school day was boring mostly, his first class was normal. Blue claimed he didn't know where Cyan was to Orange, that Cyan was probably sleeping in or was sick and just hadn't texted him yet. But in the middle of the passing period, he was called by Cyan's parents, frantic about where he was, but- Blue didn't know. He acted almost angry at them because they didn't tell him this immediately, they were hoping Cyan was with him. But he wasn't.

They had made several calls to Cyan upon coming home, Cyan's phone was in his desk though. He hadn't gotten the chance to go through it quite yet. He just claimed he hadn't heard from Cyan since last night through text.

He had tons of missed calls from them that he only just now saw, shit!

Police ended up pulling him out of class, he even got to miss an hour of school because of how long the conversation went on. They asked where he was last night, and he told them the truth or at least the half-truth. He was with his father at dinner with Nancy last night, and when he went home, had dinner and a movie with his father.

He told them that he was Cyan's boyfriend and all about the dinner, he even ranted a bit about how he hated his father and Nancy, making the police a bit uncomfortable in the face of a troubled teen going through divorced parents. And a father who was probably going to marry into a new family, it was put back on track eventually.

He went on about how he'd last heard from Cyan last night through tets messages, showing them their conversation from last night. Blue then went about his time at home, giving details of how he went home and watched a movie with his father before falling asleep early.