Night of beginnings

As the night wore on, the air around them grew heavier with anticipation. Shadows danced across the walls, echoing the soft melodies that filled the room. Aayan, ever the enigma, remained aloof despite the festive atmosphere. Tashvi, catching his eye from across the room, felt a flicker of curiosity mixed with something deeper. Their gazes lingered, each silently acknowledging the unspoken tension between them, a tension that seemed to thicken with9 every passing moment. Outside, the moon cast a gentle glow, its silver light filtering through the windows and painting the scene with a touch of magic, as if the night itself held secrets waiting to unfold.

*TASHVI*

"A voice beckoned us, drawing us back to the living room hall."

"We returned to the hall where all the family members were waiting for us. Aayan and I looked at them, feeling puzzled. Aayan asked his Badi Maa, Gayatri, 'What's the matter?'"

"Oh, we called you both because dinner is ready and set on the table. Let's go and have dinner."

As they reached the dining table, Tashvi and Ayaan found themselves seated opposite each other, with Kiara and Yuvaan sitting next to one another beside them. Gayatri noticed their seating arrangement and remarked, "Ayaan, Tashvi, why are you sitting opposite each other? Come, sit together." I managed a forced smile and moved to sit beside Ayaan, who smirked as he observed me sitting next to him, seemingly against my will.

I opened the food bowls and served myself and Ayaan, placing a small portion on my plate. Ayaan glanced at my plate, noticing my meager serving and silently urging me to eat more. However, he restrained himself, maintaining his cold and distant demeanor in front of the family. As everyone else finished their dinner, Tashvi had only managed to eat half of her already small portion.

While Ayaan muttered to himself, "Now I understand why she stays so slim and maintains herself."

Gayatri and Amina urged her to eat more, but she refused, insisting that she was full. Gayatri persisted in trying to convince her, but she remained firm in her refusal. They both agreed with her decision and asked Ayaan to take her to their room. But his Bade Papa called him to talk, so Gayatri asked Yuvaan to take her to the room.

Tashvi's cousin, who is older then her is staying back at the mansion, approached her teasingly, "Are you ready, Tashvi? You have a long night ahead. Do you need an energy drink?" she said with a laugh.

"Not knowing that Mrs. Rajvansh and her Badi maa were standing behind them, listening to the conversation, Mrs. Rajvansh and her grandmother coughed together, pretending to hide their amusement, while a red blush covered Tashvi's face.

Amina added to the teasing, saying, "Come on, Aananya, don't tease her like that. Send the energy drinks to their room already." Tashvi's face turned even redder, embarrassed by the teasing. Not wanting her to be teased further, Gayatri instructed them to take Tashvi to the room."

Confused, I glanced over at Ayaan standing in the hallway corner, engaged in conversation with Bade Papa. Contemplating whether to wait and go with him, I hesitated, fearing potential teasing if I spoke up. Ultimately, I opted to stay quiet and walked to my room.

As they escorted her to the room, even though she knew the way from her earlier tour of the mansion, they insisted on accompanying her. Along the way, Kiara teased Tashvi, causing her cheeks to blush bright red again. "Do you think Jiju must be eager to get to the room? I mean, who could resist their beautiful wife, especially when she's as lovely as you?" Annoyed but playful, Tashvi hushed Kiara, saying, "Kiara, please be quiet or say something that won't annoy me."

As they arrived at the room, Tashvi's eyes dimmed with disappointment, noticing its dull ambiance. Her expression fell as she silently wondered, "How will I manage in this dark room? It'll only get scarier when the lights go out." However, determined not to show her unease, she quietly entered the room along with everyone else.