E I G H T E E N

Its been two weeks, and the doctors have given no positive response in regards to Yun's health. Meanwhile Jun was constantly present in the hospital by his brother's side, and have applied for a leave in the office. Being Jun and Zhu Xuan involved, the gossip of Jun being arrested has spread like a wildfire in the organisation tarnishing his image. With a new active case on Jun, Zhu Hua and Xuan couldn't help to cover much. Feng was literally outraged by people targeting Jun and his hard work. But out of all, Xian was worried the most. He seemed exhausted to his bones. With the Manager gone, all the workload come up on him, though Jun sometimes helped from hospital, the constant workload was draining him. Also with Jun's constant avoidance was hurting him the most. It seemed that not only him but Jun has totally pushed everyone away. Except for Mu Feng, even though very seldom, no one could reach really out.

Xian was working on the budget of the project in which his Jun ge has poured months of hardwork. Xian knew, he has to make this successful anyhow. His Jun ge deserved all the praises for all the work he had done for this project so that everyone who has tried to sabotaged him at his lowest had their mouth shut.

"Mr. Xiao?" A knock disturbed Xian as he looked at the person standing and peeping in with frown marred on his face.

"Yes?"

"Your presence is required in Mr. Zhu Hua's office." Xian frowned, this was new. He has never been called to Zhu Hua's office in all his months of working.

"Yeah, I am coming." Xian shut his laptop as he rushed to Zhu Hua's office, surprised to see many other people there.

"Mr. Zhu?"

"Mr. Xiao, could you brief me about the progress of the project on the new product."

"Sure sir, the product has been produced. Now what awaited is the Marketing and within a week from that we will dispatch the product." Hua nodded as he looked at the man beside him and sighed.

"Mr. Xiao, meet him, he is Mr. Yu Chen, he will be joining you as the new Production Manager." Xian's eyes widened as he looked at the man beside Zhu Hua who stretched his hand for a handshake. How can the company betray his Jun ge like that! When Jun ge is going through his toughest phase, this would what leave him without anything. This project, this product was his dream and this would leave him heartbroken. Xian looked at the extended hand for a while when Hua cleared his throat audibily, Xian came out from his stupor as he hesitantly shook his hands with Mr. Yu and slightly bowed.

"Mr. Zhu could I have a word with you?" Xian looked at Zhu Hua coldly as the latter sighed and nodded. Before asking everyone to leave Hua briefed everyone of their duties and asked their HR team to escort Yu Chen towards his cabin while Xian stood there in rapt silent.

"Mr. Xiao, I know that you are worried about Jun, but so we all are, but I need you to keep things in mind that Jun's personal life has to be kept separate from the work. We cannot allow the product launch to delay. Jun has put heart and soul in this project, we cannot just let it swept away."

"Then why are you alloting a new manager to this project Mr. Zhu when Jun ge has already worked hard on it already. For others to eat away all the credit?"

"Mr. Xiao, I understand your feelings, but at this time I need to be very vigilant about the reputation of the company. I care about Jun as much as you do. My brother is also involved in all this mess  but life does not stop for anyone. I am sure things will be back on track but we need this. Yu Chen is just an acting manager for this project. We cannot vouch for Jun at this point of time but what we can do is save his hardwork by completing it."

"But Mr. Zhu-"

"Save it Mr. Xiao. I hope you have your bit of work as well. Also with this you can be back to your shifts and give some time for your personal life as well. And I don't want any further discussion on this. Either this way or any other way you have to stick to this decision." Xian tightened his fist as he nodded at Hua and left for his cabin.