Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Puson na ba ulo mo ngayon? Ano 'yun magic?" Sabrina smirked at kumain ng fries. She acted like she caught me red-handed. I rolled my eyes at her. Nakaupo kami sa 4-seater table ng fast food chain malapit sa school namin. Hindi na nakapili ng ibang makakainan dahil atat na atat silang bwisitin ako.

"Dukutin ko mata mo, e. Kunwari pa ayaw mag-first move ni gaga, pero punta ng punta sa clinic para makita si Junior." She was referring to Arceo. He was a Jr. Arceo Frederic Delfin Jr.

"I didn't even realize that you always came to the clinic because of that guy. I actually started to think na may sakit ka ng malala," Monica added, nasa tabi ko siya at nasa harap namin si Sabrina. "Tsaka, we're in the 21st century. Who cares? Women can first move too. There's no judgment on that."

"There's no judgment on 'us', you say." I squint my eyes and move forward. "I still haven't forgotten when Andrew proudly rampant in his circle of friends, or maybe on campus na ikaw ang nag first move sa kanya, and like, for what? to boost his ego." I remember that day na kumalat sa campus na kesyo malandi or uhaw na uhaw sa lalaki 'kuno' si Monica because of that, which is absolutely not true. She is friendly, even with her opposite sex. Kaya minsan nabibigyan nila kahulugan 'yung pagiging friendly n'ya.

But the thing with Monica is that she doesn't like the slow-burn kind of love. If she likes someone, hindi na niya hihintayin na mag-first move sa kanya 'yung guy. Instead, she would make a move first. It's no big deal to her, but other people who like to stick their nose in other people's business, do. It's even worse because it's not like taken 'yung guy. She would never stoop down low.

"Hindi siguro makapaniwala. Isipin mo, Ma. Monica Georgiana Grace, 'ang babaeng hindi tinatablan ng init sa Pilipinas' making first move sa isang chaka na kagaya n'ya. If it's me, I'd be rampant too." Sabrina laughed.

I laugh with her and look at Monica. She is the definition of a clean girl look. Always fresh in her light make-up, parang hindi pinagpawisan sa buong buhay n'ya and she carries herself very well. Her face is symmetrical, and she has straight jet black hair, pero sa dulo ay may pagkakulot. Ang kanyang balat ay maputi at may tamang kurba ng ilong at labi.

I can say that to Sabrina too, both of them carry themselves very well, actually. However, she looked more fierce because of her sharp eyes, while Monica has round eyes. It looks prominent because of her soft Latina makeup look. She's also slightly tan skin with long straight black, almost brown hair kapag tinamaan ng araw. They're both social butterflies, that's why they're pretty popular. I cannot say the same with me, though. I enjoy my alone time. Lumalabas lang kapag niyayaya nila ako, and then sometimes I hang out with their other friends. Mabilis nga lang maubos social battery ko.

"What's with the nickname?" Monica laughs as she rolls her eyes and sips with her coke. "Don't change the topic, Ella. We're talking about you and your little flirty ass."

They really can't drop this topic.

"Tsaka iba naman si Arceo kay Andrew no! He's a dickhead. While Arceo... I don't know. I only know na matalino, cute and a bit shy maybe?" she added.

"Yes, and don't waste the opportunity, girl. Tsaka, maybe he's the one—I mean, tagal na natin magkaibigan wala ka pa samin napapakilala." Sabrina nodded and said.

Monica nodded to her too. I agree with what she says. Wala pa 'kong napapakilala kasi lahat ng nakakausap ko, umaabot lang usually sa mutual understanding. But hey, it's not entirely my fault. The first guy that I have m.u. with bigla nalang nag hard lunch sa social media ng ibang girl matapos n'ya 'kong ligawan ng buwan. Gagawin pa akong kabit! That's why I dumped him. The second guy? too popular, masakit lang sa ulo. I dumped him. Third, well, he's too good for me kaya I ended it.