Chapter 11: The Promise

Kotetsu's mind was in turmoil. The lingering mystery of his secret admirer and Barnaby's uncharacteristic avoidance were driving him to distraction. Determined to uncover the truth and hoping it would lead to Barnaby, Kotetsu made a solemn vow to himself: he would do everything in his power to find out who was behind the notes and gifts before confronting Barnaby.

The next morning, Kotetsu arrived at Hero TV headquarters with renewed determination. He sought out Nathan Seymour (Fire Emblem), who had been his confidant throughout this journey.

"Nathan, I need your help," Kotetsu said urgently. "I'm going to find out who my secret admirer is, and I need you to keep an eye on Barnaby. Something's up with him, and I can't shake the feeling that it's connected."

Nathan raised an eyebrow but nodded. "Alright, Wild Tiger. What's your plan?"

Kotetsu explained his idea to retrace the steps of the secret admirer, hoping to catch them in the act or gather more concrete evidence. Nathan agreed to help, understanding the importance of uncovering the truth for both Kotetsu and Barnaby.

Over the next few days, Kotetsu meticulously examined every note and gift left for him, looking for clues. He paid close attention to the times and places the tokens were left, hoping to narrow down a pattern. He also discreetly asked around, trying to determine if anyone had seen anything suspicious.

One afternoon, as Kotetsu was scanning through security footage from Hero TV headquarters, he spotted a figure moving quickly down a hallway, slipping a note into his locker. The grainy image wasn't clear enough to identify the person, but the figure's height and build looked familiar.

Kotetsu's heart raced as he realized it could be Barnaby. He felt a mix of excitement and anxiety, wondering if he was finally close to uncovering the truth.

Meanwhile, Barnaby continued his secret admirer routine, leaving another note and a small gift for Kotetsu. He couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for avoiding Kotetsu, but he was still gathering the courage to reveal his true feelings.

That evening, Kotetsu sat down with Nathan to discuss his findings. "I think it's Barnaby," he said, showing Nathan the footage. "But I need to be sure before I confront him."

Nathan studied the footage and nodded. "It does look like him. But you're right, Kotetsu. You need to be certain. Have you thought about what you'll say when you do confront him?"

Kotetsu sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I don't know, Nathan. I just... I want to tell him how I feel, but I'm scared. What if I'm wrong?"

Nathan placed a reassuring hand on Kotetsu's shoulder. "You've come this far, Wild Tiger. Trust your instincts. If Barnaby is your secret admirer, you'll find the right words. And if he's not, at least you'll know the truth."

Buoyed by Nathan's encouragement, Kotetsu made a plan to confront Barnaby. He decided to wait for the next note or gift, intending to catch his admirer in the act. He set up a discreet watch near his locker, determined to finally uncover the truth.

The next morning, Kotetsu arrived at Hero TV headquarters early, positioning himself where he could see his locker without being seen. As the hours passed, his anticipation grew, his eyes never leaving the hallway.

Finally, he saw a figure approaching his locker. His heart pounded as the figure slipped a note into his locker and turned to leave. Kotetsu stepped out from his hiding place, calling out, "Barnaby, wait!"

Barnaby froze, his eyes widening in surprise. "Kotetsu... what are you doing here?"

Kotetsu walked up to him, holding the note. "I've been trying to find out who my secret admirer is. Is it you, Barnaby?"

Barnaby's face flushed, and he looked away, unable to meet Kotetsu's gaze. "Kotetsu, I... I wanted to tell you, but I was afraid."

Kotetsu's heart swelled with a mix of relief and affection. He gently lifted Barnaby's chin, forcing him to meet his eyes. "Barnaby, you don't have to be afraid. I've been hoping it was you all along."

Tears welled up in Barnaby's eyes as he saw the sincerity in Kotetsu's expression. "I'm sorry for hiding it, Kotetsu. I just didn't know how to tell you."

Kotetsu smiled, his thumb brushing away a tear from Barnaby's cheek. "You don't have to apologize. I'm just glad we finally found each other."

With that, Kotetsu pulled Barnaby into a tight embrace, both of them feeling the weight of their unspoken feelings lift. They had finally found their way to each other, and nothing would stand in their way now.