Loving Haneefah-32

"Mika'il and I have been friends since primary school. At that time,my father was a very poor man,Mika'il's Father(Dada) was always the one helping us with the little he had. Sometimes, I will go out and beg because I didn't want Mika'il's father (Dada) to get tired of us.

One cold Sunday night,my father's health deteriorated and no one in the neighborhood was willing to help us. I didn't want to call Mika'il's father(Dada) because of what he has been doing to us already,when my father started having shortness of breaths, I had no choice but to call Dada. When he came,he scolded me for not calling him earlier, thus my father was immediately rushed to the hospital. But before we could reach the hospital..." Alhaji Lawal stopped to wipe the numerous tears falling down his face.

"Abbiey. It's okay, I don't want to hear the rest" Haneefah said with a sob as she pats her Abbiey's forehead.

"No Mamana,I want to tell you" Alhaji Lawal said wiping another tear.

"Before we could reach the hospital, I lost my father..." Alhaji Lawal stopped again with a sob,the memory has always being a painful one for him. "Months after losing my father, all my relatives refused to shelter me. I will always go from door to door begging for food, and I will always get chased away without getting even a single grain of rice. I was named almajiri by the neighbors.

2 months after losing my father,Dada came to visit me but he cried at the sight of me because I looked homeless,malnourished and sick. He asked where my relatives were because they were the ones that stopped him from taking me in after I lost my father. When I told him they all refused to take me in,he asked me to move in with him and he continued to sponsor my education till university." Alhaji Lawal stopped to take a breath then continued.

"After we graduated from university,Dada got really sick and was diagnosed with a stage iv acute myeloid leukemia,we tried all we could but you plan and Allah's plans and he's is the best of all.We lost Dada 12 months later. Though He requested a favor from Mika'il and I before he died..." Alhaji Lawal stopped to wipe some tears.

"What was the favor?" Aziza asked wiping a tear. They never knew their father went through alot.

"He asked us to get our children married because he wants our friendship to last forever. So I agreed because I didn't want to look ungrateful" Alhaji Lawal ended with a sob.

"Abbiey, I promise to give this marriage all I can. Allah yayi wa Dada Rahama" Haneefah prayed then pulled her father into a hug.

"May Dada's soul continue to rest in peace" Aziza prayed joining the hug.

"Ameen" Hajiya Ameena said joining the family hug.

^^^^^^~~~~~~^^^^^^

"Usman, I don't think I can hide Haneefah's love anymore" Muhammad said with a frustrated sigh.

"I think you should profess your love to her" Usman replied.

"Do you think she's going to accept my love after all I've done to her" Muhammad asked with a worried look.

"In sha Allah. I think the feeling is mutual,she's also in love with you" Usman said with a dreamily smile.

"Now what do you think I should do?" Muhammad asked.

"Take her out on a date and profess" Usman replied.

"Yeah. Her father's health is now better,I will take out today night in sha Allah" Muhammad said with a wide grin.

"But make sure you book the whole restaurant oo" Usman said with a mockery laugh.

"I will do anything for my Nee" Muhammad said with a lovely smile.